Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Misleading / incorrect details in source documents

PanchoPancho Member Posts: 581 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
I have this 'lovely' daybill:

Until today it's heritage was a mystery to me. Some rudimentary research reveals it to be for the 1971 Jean Rollin film widely known as 'The Shiver of the Vampires'. Clearly R rated, clearly post 1971 (and clearly cobbled together from other posters) - but not listed in the OFLC database.

While doing some research today on other posters, I discovered that Regent had the film passed for exhibition on 1 August 1977 under it's original French title 'Le Frisson Des Vampires'!! Seriously?? How many other films have been lodged for certification under one title and released under another?

Phew! It's tough enough work being a poster lover without the powers that be throwing this sort of stuff my way!

Comments