Skip to content

Australian Daybill Posters Not Appearing On Presskits.

If an Australian presskit doesn't show a daybill as part of the types of posters available for exhibitors to purchase would one then believe there  wasn't one printed ? I am talking 1940s here and not 1980s or later when this probably started to happen. I would appreciate any thoughts on this question I have posed ?

Comments

• Can you post an example?

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• Bruce said:
    Can you post an example?

I will as soon as I sort out a technical problem I am having at present.

•             Here is an example of a rare Australian daybill and the only image I have ever seen so we have established it exists so why then is it missing from the original Australian Presskit ?  A mistake obviously made by Paramount Pictures or the printers The Market Printery Pty.Ltd. So how reliable are presskits then ? Curious to know if any other mistakes like this exist and if so does anyone know of any ?
  • Is that all the info from that presskit?

One thing is clear, the artist (one can assume the printer) is a different one on the Daybill to the ones in the presskit. 

One can speculate but as the presskit was printed by Market Print, I assume they printed the posters on the presskit, perhaps the Daybill when printed by the other printer they provided an insert for the presskit.
  • David said:
    Is that all the info from that presskit?

One thing is clear, the artist (one can assume the printer) is a different one on the Daybill to the ones in the presskit. 

One can speculate but as the presskit was printed by Market Print, I assume they printed the posters on the presskit, perhaps the Daybill when printed by the other printer they provided an insert for the presskit.

There are two other pages but there appears only the one dealing with posters.

W.E.Smith printed the daybill and The Market Printery the presskit and in passing Offset most likely printed the one sheet. The printing was certainly spread around.

The including of a copy of the daybill in the presskit would have been an expensive exercise and personally I doubt that this would have happened,

I think the daybill hadn't yet been printed when the presskit was being printed and a note to this affect to explain the situation  was left off the kit  and the daybill was sold sight unseen in this case. An earlier case of a Paramount presskit without a daybill image is when the presskit was printed the daybill and six sheets weren't ready for reproduction onto the presskit so a notation to this affect was included in the presskit. I will find the example and post it later. The exclusion of a notation similar to one I have just mentioned  I believe  was just an oversight made by the printer when printing the  Blaze Of Noon presskit by not including an explanation regarding the missing daybill.

•                              Here is the information I mentioned previously I would include on this thread. Note the same printer here as with the Blaze Of Noon presskit. An explanation similar to this I believe should have been included on the Blaze Of Noon presskit but wasn't.