I guess I didn't save the original photos. But essentially this is a classic still from Suddenly, Last Summer but the right lower side had been torn and repaired with tape on the back. I got it pretty cheap to conduct this experiment - paperbacking it and attempting to infill the missing portion.
I pretty much followed the same procedure:
Step 1: Get all the tape off the back. Whomever did this tape job should be bitch slapped. they didn't even attempt to pushed the damage back together, they just slapped tape on the back and even the front.
Step 2: Deacidification wash. Interesting the photo gets real slippery when wet.
Step 3: I backed it to the paper support and let it dry.
Step 4: (Photo tonight) I attempted to find something close to the photo from another still in the batch but ended up just putting a piece on upside down and I'll attempt to recreated the missing portion.
Step 5: (Photo tonight) Cellulose infill (discovered a new secret method) for the small missing piece.
Step 6: (Not yet done) - recreate the image.
Step 7: (Not yet done) - a fixative application to bring back the sheen.
Here are the photos so far....
That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...