Skip to content

Hi Folks!

edited April 2016 in Welcome
 Hi everyone.. Just joined the forum and thought I'd say hello and let you know I bit about my collection. I mostly collect pre sixties paper  and at least half of my pieces are from Merle Oberon films. I also collect ANYTHING else to do with Merle as well as the posters. I guess my interest is a fairly obscure one nowadays but I fell in love with Wuthering heights when I was a kid and my love for Merle started

Comments

• Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing some of your pieces..
  • Welcome!!!
  • Cheers folks
  • Greetings! 
  • Hi MerleBoy- look forward to seeing some of your collection, Merle Oberon was certainly a looker in her day.

And welcome!
  • Merle Oberon has an interesting history. She always claimed to have been born and raised in Tasmania. Some reports say that she only admitted a short time before she died that the story was completely false and that she had actually been born and raised in India. Other reports say she never actually made the admission and the truth was only revealed after historical records of her early life were found. Her mother was twelve years old when she gave birth to her and was later referred to as her sister.

Fascinating life and lots of conflicting information.