Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Merry Christmas!

They're Original Reproductions

DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,291 admin
Weird-ass conversation I had today with a print broker.My wife is getting some printing done for her business and he called by, he saw some of my posters and the conversation went something like this:

"Where do you get them printed?"

'No they are originals' I said

'Yes,' he said 'but who does the printing? I have a friend who has the original posters and he scans them and then sells them.'

Grrrr, I am thinking.

'No these are the originals, they're not cheap reproductions, you can't just pop into a shop and buy them, you have to find them, and that could take years'

"Yes, my friend's ones are not cheap, they're originals, he prints them on top quality paper..." [he then went on to talk about the quality of the print etc etc].

At this point I was starting to get annoyed.

"I'm sorry but I really don't understand what you are on about. Your friend prints reproductions, they're not originals, they're cheap knock offs of the real thing. These are real movie posters, that one was printed in 1957, it survived almost 60 years and is hard to come by, it ain't a knockoff."

"Yeah, his are good quality scans of the originals, they're old too"

"Listen, what sort of posters are they?"

"Travel posters..."

I now don't give a #$*^%*!...

Idiot.
David

Comments