Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Daybill Blanks

JohnJohn Member, Dealer Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
I have occasionally come across original daybills that have no credits whatsoever and just a blank section at the bottom of the artwork. I'm curious as to whether anyone else has come across these before. Here are a couple of examples (note that the title on Jimmie Blacksmith has been handwritten) ....

John

Comments

• HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

Only guessing here.

Star Trek The Motion Picture. An advance teaser or a faulty daybill that got through the system?

The Chant Of Jimmie Blacksmith. Is it possible in the printing process that a fault of some description occurred and all  the black wording under the picture ( being the majority ) didn't register and was left out and the remaining two red blood only drawings did register to print in the bottom section? I know very little about the printing side of posters so I probably am way off the mark here.

Lawrence