Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Spot The Poster Errors

HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
 # 1
Lawrence

Comments

• PanchoPancho Member Posts: 551 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    um...it doesn't look quiet at all?  =)
  • HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
     #1.  Another poster that makes the problems look even worse. Both posters are Realart  re-releases I believe from 1950 of the 1930 Universal released film All Quiet On The Western Front.           
    Lawrence
  • MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,713 admin
    edited August 2016
    1 guy holding the other person down has a German helmet in the first pic and a Yank helmet in the second.
    Post edited by Matt on
      Notice the World War 11 American helmets on the machine gunners and other soldiers on both posters. Lew Ayres has the World War 1 German helmet in the image above and notice what the machine gunners actually had on their heads in the movie. The tank appears authentic though.
    Lawrence

# 2. The Parson And The Outlaw ( 1957 ) Robert Burton Australian daybill. Those involved with the production of this daybill appear to have been asleep at the wheel when this poster was designed and printed. Apart from the poor artwork of the Burton artist, there is an obvious mistake on the poster.

Lawrence
  • BruceBruce Member Posts: 777 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Sunny?
    We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions a week, 138,000 a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
    Bruce said:
    Sunny?

Yes, Sonny was incorrectly spelt as Sunny on the daybill.  Interestingly on the equally unimpressive Robert Burton Australian one sheet it appears correctly as Sonny.

Lawrence

# 3. Dracula Has Risen From The Grave ( 1968 ). For the original Australian release some wording on the above daybill poster is incorrect and some other wording misleading. Anyone care to comment ?

# 4 Brute Force ( 1947 ). Borrowed this image beauty from Chris. I may be wrong but is there something that doesn't look not quiet right with this poster?

Lawrence
  • CSM_2_Point_0CSM_2_Point_0 Member Posts: 769 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    I don't see anything at all wrong with the Brute Force (of course ;) )

But it does follow the US three sheet like many other daybills:

-Chris

There's a street of lights

A long dark night
    Restaurant scenes
    And dark machines...

• RickRick Member Posts: 687 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Rick said:
    Vampire's thirst?
    Not that.
    Lawrence
    I don't see anything at all wrong with the Brute Force (of course ;) )

But it does follow the US three sheet like many other daybills:

Brute
    The Australian daybill under discussion, a close up of my problem with the daybill and the U.S.A. 3 sheet version.

I had previously said - '' I may be wrong but is there something that doesn't look quiet right with this poster?''  The first time I looked at the daybill image was in poor light, and for a second or two I thought there was some paper missing from the poster. Then immediately I could see it was only some colour in the white dress.
    Above is an original still showing the beautiful Yvonne De Carlo from which this pose was used on the U.S. 3 sheet. On the  American three sheet the artist didn't copy the just the light top and dark bottom colours that appear on the still and added white on the bottom of a small red section in the middle of the dress. This  artwork is o.k. and the image looks fine. The trouble that I have with the Australian poster artist is that the coloured section he created just doesn't look right and out of place to me. Sorry to be picky and it is obviously fine with Chris. Anyone else care to comment?
    Lawrence
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    I didn't even notice...so it is fine for me too.  Considering some of the crap artwork on ALOT of daybills,  this one I would classify a winner.
  • PanchoPancho Member Posts: 551 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    For Dracula - is the the 24 years / 1969 reference?
  • CSM_2_Point_0CSM_2_Point_0 Member Posts: 769 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    I didn't even notice...so it is fine for me too.  Considering some of the crap artwork on ALOT of daybills,  this one I would classify a winner.
    Indeed - if we are going to start nitpicking daybill artwork this thread will quickly balloon to 85 pages!  

In fact I think DeCarlo's dress looks like a bloody slash mark on the US 3 sheet so working from that the daybill artist did a nice job (for once...) 
    -Chris

There's a street of lights

A long dark night
    Restaurant scenes
    And dark machines...