Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Hmm...any ideas?

PanchoPancho Member Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
Hey guys and gals!

I recently picked up this daybill and after doing some digging there are a couple of odd things about it that I can't quite figure out.

Searching the OFLC database and IMDB suggests that this film is 'Anna, Quel Particolare Piacere' from 1973, a.k.a 'Secrets of a Call Girl'. It was passed by the Australian censors in April 1975.

But two things puzzle me - the poster clearly references 'Caddie' which came out in 1976 (as far as I can see) and I can't find any connection to Carlo Ponti! Yet, both of these areas are emphasized on the poster!

Help!! What am I missing? Is this a RR?
TCE.jpg 88.5K

Comments

• HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

It is indeed Anna, Quel Particolare Piacere. The film titled That Certain Encounter in Australia would have been for the on and only release in Australia in late 1976 or perhaps even later cashing in publicity wise on the success of the Australian film Caddie that had been released in Australia on the 9th of April 1976. Anna, Quel Particolare Piacere was released in France in 1977. The distributor of the film in Australia was International Films Distributors Pty. Ltd. a very minor film distributor in Australia. Being a small distributor they would have had trouble securing a release for this film so it could be late 1976 but 1977 or even much later is likely Remember this minor distributor of this type of film was competing with Blake, N.S., Regent & Cemp, who released the majority of this type of film, to secure screening dates. There is no connection to Carlo Ponti as far as I can see so what the credit on the daybill poster is there for I have no idea. Perhaps confusion with another film at the time.

Lawrence