Skip to content

New Members, Please Introduce Yourself!

Comments

• Yeah Sal, can't wait to see some pics!

Oh and welcome aboard. 

• Indeed! Welcome Sal! French paper is very nice, Looking forward to it!
  • Thanks for the welcome! I'll share some pics in the "Collections" 
  • Welcome aboard, Salcycle.  Vintage European racing bikes, eh?  Very cool.
  • Hi everyone,

Great place. I'm over the ditch in NZ (!)

Pretty much a casual collector since the early 1980's. Love movies, love posters. Really got into it during the early 1990's when the owner of a local classic theater (Jan Grefstad of the Hollywood in Avondale, Auckland) cleared out a lot of his posters (a huge amount)

I even sent some over to Bruce (at EMP) back then. He may remember me (?)

Mostly now I just love looking at the art and the memories but still get the odd poster I like.

Cool. Thanks.

Brett        
  • edited June 2017
    Welcome Brett!
    I
     think we've got a few members from down under and one from NZ. Have a look around and check out the paper in the recent acquisitions & member collections! 
  • Good to hear that you are alive and well, Brett!

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• Welcome Brett, we have a few Kiwis on board. I remember the Hollywood, never went in but drove by it a few times in my day.

• Brett said:
    Hi everyone,

Great place. I'm over the ditch in NZ!

Brett        

Welcome Brett!

So funny but a major news show here in the US last night ran a 10 minute piece extolling NZ as "heaven on earth" and the best place to live on the planet! Americans are supposedly poised to invade and take over, in part b/c we have a total @^#*-head for president:

http://www.nbcnews.com/megyn-kelly/video/the-americans-are-coming-the-obsession-with-new-zealand-970813507783
  • Hi all! My name is Mike & I'm from Nashville and have been collecting posters since 1986. I'm almost exclusively a collector of horror/sci-fi & genre posters, mainly from the 60s thru the 80s. I have way too many and my only problem is not enough wall space! 

I've been introducing a friend to the collecting world and, while looking around for resources for him to use, I came across this forum. Can't believe I never knew it existed, but I'm very happy to have found it!

Anyway, here is a gallery that shows some of my collection. Look forward to meeting you all & finally having some other folks to talk posters with!
  • Welcome Mike-glad you found this place!

You've got some really nice paper on those walls. Your Escape From New York paper has me thinking in red to buy some! Those horizontal pieces are really sweet!
  • Totally cool set-up Mike. I appreciate that you frame a good chunk of your collection.
  • Welcome Mike!

Now that's one cool poster room. Luv it!

• Wowed,  those Streets of Fire posters lock spectacular all together...
  • Welcome Mike - love to see framed up posters!
  • Welcome!
  • Thank you all for the warm welcome. Still getting used to the best way to navigate the forum; it's not layed out like most of the ones I'm used to. I'm loving the excellent pics of everyone's collections!
  • MD2112 said:
    Thank you all for the warm welcome. Still getting used to the best way to navigate the forum; it's not layed out like most of the ones I'm used to. I'm loving the excellent pics of everyone's collections!
    True! ....if you don't mind me asking @Mike, what's the 2112 about? Reminds me of a classic Rush album....
  • Welcome Mike, an insane set-up. Congrats!
  • MD2112 said:
    Thank you all for the warm welcome. Still getting used to the best way to navigate the forum; it's not layed out like most of the ones I'm used to. I'm loving the excellent pics of everyone's collections!
    True! ....if you don't mind me asking @Mike, what's the 2112 about? Reminds me of a classic Rush album....

Bingo...huge Rush fan here  =)  
  • MD2112 said:
    MD2112 said:

Bingo...huge Rush fan here  =)  
    Nice! Saw them my first time in 1981 during their Moving Pictures tour. I saw the 2112 and my brain started playing Overture.... :D
  • 1984 here; P/G tour with Autograph opening. Seen them 17 times since, but I missed R40 live, of all things :(
  • that's a great set up Mike. Love the Deadly Spawn and Escape from NY display
  • Hi Mike - do you have any info on the orange Death Race 2000 (quad?) please - I've never seen one before. Great display!

Mark

• marklawd said:

Hi Mike - do you have any info on the orange Death Race 2000 (quad?) please - I've never seen one before. Great display!

Mark

Hey Mark, I got that paper from a dealer at the Chiller Theater expo in NJ in 1998-99, I think. It's a bit mysterious to me also, which is why I bought it (I got it for cheap). It's obviously old enough to be from the time of original release, but I've never come across another one like it. The same art was used on the half-sheet and the Brit quad, and I have seen some horizontal US one-sheets with the same art but a different color background. This one is an odd size (something like 28X39) and the only time I ever saw one with the same yellow background was an Aussie poster, which this does not seem to be. It has a printer's union mark, but no NSS markings. That's about all the info I know about it, hope that helps!
  • Thanks Mike - a mystery one for sure.

Mark

• edited June 2017
    The Orange Quad looking one is just a repo from the time...
  • If it's a repro, it's a very good one on similar period paper, but I'm fond of it nonetheless. Just don't tell anybody that I have a repro on the wall :blush:
  • I'm a newbie here and am trying to figure out how to post some original vintage movie posters for sale.  Am I in the right place or can anybody point me in the right direction?