Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New users, come on down!

Comments

• DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,232 admin
    edited June 2014
    King and I...

Also, a bit partial to Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes for some classics

The Rocky Horror, Chicago, Billy Elliot for modern.

...although I am embarrassed to say I have yet to watch Stormy Weather but I understand it's pretty damn good
    David
  • BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 863 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    I love Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and many others, but I stand by Singin as the best!
    We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions a week, 138,000 a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
  • RichRich Member, Dealer, Tea Lady Posts: 237 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    I agree Singin' in the Rain is one of the best musicals ever and the namesake sequence with Gene Kelly is possibly the best musical number ever, but there is a caveat. The Great Ziegfeld has a 7+ minute sequence at the end that was done in one take, with 2 cameras standing side-by-side on a crane platform with the second camera timed perfectly to start shooting bare seconds before the first camera reached the last frame in it's magazine. You can see the cut as the camera angle changes ever so slightly at the moment the second shot kicks in. The scene was laid out for 3 weeks and has hundreds of performers. There are  2 spots where it is clear a performer missed their spot or wasn't synced with the rest of the performers in their vignette, the set was one of the most expensive built until that production. For anyone who hasn't seen it, you are missing something very special.
    Rich Halegua
    Visit MoviePosterBid
  • hallospaceboyhallospaceboy Member Posts: 7 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
    Hello to the forum members!

My name is Doug and I have an addiction. To movie posters.

Well actually, I started a long time ago in the 80's when I was just a lad. Then I cooled it for a while in the 90's but still grabbed posters when I could while working in video business. And recently I went thru and got my neglected collection back into my arms and am currently sorting thru it all. I have a lot to sell and a lot to keep.

I went away from the hobby for a long time, but now I'm back. I have joined a few forums and now starting to see some of the same poeple here and there. It's nice to see others who share the same madness too.

I collect anything from movies that interest me. And I have a lot of ones from movies I am certainly not interested in much anymore.

Now I am after a lot of scifi/horror 1960's/70's and 80's mostly. I find most posters after 1990 and the invention of photoshop kind of dull. I wish they never stopped using the NSS. I love the 27x41 one sheet and its white borders. Folds used to be a no-no for me and would try and get rolled posters when i could. But now I look at a folded poster as one with history and a story to tell. But I do like the odd modern poster now and then. My favorite of the modern poster era is probably this poster:

i was lucky enough to grab it, double sided back when it came out in 2008 for relatively cheap.

I do love seeing all of the other collections out there. So I'll be looking at yours! Here is where you can see some of mine, I am still archiving and this is only some of it. Apologies for the pics that aren't so good.

http://thevaultofvideo.blogspot.com/

edited June 2014
    Hello Spaceboy and welcome...don't worry about your addiction, unfortunately you come to the wrong place to find a cure, we may just end up making it worse!

You got some great posters there too, feel free to add your posters to the discussion here (hotlink them in) or start you own section here: http://vintagemoviepostersforum.com/categories/your-collection

Enjoy

:-c
    David
  • RichRich Member, Dealer, Tea Lady Posts: 237 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    welcome to the jungle
    Rich Halegua
    Visit MoviePosterBid
  • PaulPaul Member, Quad Master Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Horror and Sci-fi, right up my street, Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing your stuff...
    It's more than a Hobby...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
  • MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,085 admin
  • JedgeJedge Member Posts: 188 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    edited June 2014
    Welcome Doug....your Goonies map style did well on ebay.  So man ever snatch up some lenticulars and put them in your stash?
    My addiction has a name...Lenticularitis 
    Jedge said:
    Lol!
    David
    Jedge said:
    Welcome Doug....your Goonies map style did well on ebay.  So man ever snatch up some lenticulars and put them in your stash?
    Thanks! Yeah I was surprised how much it went for. I just shipped it out , so Im hoping the post office doesn't #$*^%*! it up for me. 

I dont thinkI I have any lenticulars. Are they the a more modern, 3D style? Got any pics?

edited June 2014

I dont thinkI I have any lenticulars. Are they the a more modern, 3D style? Got any pics?
    Open. Can. Worms... :-$

David
    edited June 2014
    Oh boy do I have pics! havent had time to post them all here on VMPF yet..... :) barrel of worms opening :)

4 pages ----> http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,7422.0.html

They actually have been producing them for 50 years now, but more so in the 90's to now.
    Jedge said:
    Oh boy do I have pics! havent had time to post them all here on VMPF yet..... :) barrel of worms opening :)

4 pages ----> http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,7422.0.html

They actually have been producing them for 50 years now, but more so in the 90's to now.
    Very nice! definitely do not have any of these. I'm more of a simple one sheet guy :-)

I got the simple one sheet thing taken care of too.  too many to count
  • rdavey26rdavey26 Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Jason has a huge lenticular collection. All very nice.
  • lynaronlynaron Member Posts: 128 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    Heidi folks!
    Some of you may know the name from NSF4, APF and CHFB as I lurk and occasionally post on those sites (and great places they be).

My main focus has been the classic horror, scifi and fantasy films ever since I was a young whipper snapper back in the early 60s.  Yep, I'm one of those "original" monster kids with Shock Theater, FM, Castle of Frankenstein, 50s sci fi, Harryhausen, Drac and Frank and all their friends under the old ever expanding belt.  And I like it all, good, bad or ugly poster wise.

Ugly trend lately has been to pickup a few goodies from other genres, Laurel and Hardy, Westerns, and (gasp) film noir. For that Chris you can lay the blame on my Mame (Kate, mein Frau) as she has turned into a noir fan.  She also used the term "our" poster collection vs. "your bunchashit" for the first time in our 30 years together.  Not sure how to take that statement, but I'm hoping its a good sign :) .  

We lived the past four plus years in Germany, first in Schweinfurt and now near the Ramstein Air Base and US hospital in Landsthul.

Enough of boring old me.  Glad to be here. 

Lynn 

For that Chris you can lay the blame on my Mame (Kate, mein Frau) as she has turned into a noir fan.  She also used the term "our" poster collection vs. "your bunchashit" for the first time in our 30 years together.  Not sure how to take that statement, but I'm hoping its a good sign :) .  

Lynn 
    I am very happy for you Lynn.

And very unhappy for myself ;)
    Chris
    Glad you came here Lyn, we may get a 10 star rating now with some of the stuff you have...
  • 110x75110x75 Member, Sarli Connoisseur Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Paul said:
    Glad you came here Lyn, we may get a 10 star rating now with some of the stuff you have...
    With ALL of the stuff he has. ;)
  • HumphreyBogartHumphreyBogart Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
  • lynaronlynaron Member Posts: 128 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    Shucks (toe digging in ground).  Mighty nice words to include my little Pile-o-Paper™  with the fine collections of other members.  Nice to be here, I think I'll take off my shoes and get comfy. 

Lynn
    I'll bring you a pot of tiffin, or would you like something a little stronger...
    edited July 2014
  • rdavey26rdavey26 Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Welcome Lyn. Good to see you here.
  • RobbieRobbie Member Posts: 100 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    edited July 2014
    A BIG WELCOME TO THE NEW USER'S  \:D/

• JoMJoM Member Posts: 2 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
    Vectis Auctions is looking forward to playing an active part in this forum.  We appreciate our customers and work towards continual improvements.

Poster Sales are a new area for us but we are the World's leading auction house for the sale of toys. We hope to welcome a few of you and if you need any more information or images from auctions, please do't hesitate to ask. We also have a Facebook page, Twitter account and a good reference file on Pinterest.

The list of toys auctioned by Vectis is endless and we sell the following categories - Diecast, Trains, Doll and Teddy Bears, Lead, Plastic, Militaria, Tinplate, General Toys including Games, Constructional Toys, Railwayana, Books, Comics and Annuals.

A full colour catalogue is produced for each auction stating the number of lots, full description of the item, detailing manufacturer, model number (if applicable), colour and condition.  An estimated value of the lot is also highlighted, the estimate is based on previous prices achieved through auction.  All catalogues can be viewed on our website, both past and present.

As expected the arrival of the worldwide web has significantly changed how Vectis run their auctions.  Ten years ago there would be one auction per month consisting of around 400 lots, where the room would be full of collectors and dealers.  Nowadays we hold five auctions per month with approximately 700 lots each day.  All auctions are room sales and all are held live on-line reaching a worldwide clientèle.   Bidding can also be made via post, fax or telephone.

Here at Vectis we like to pride ourselves on offering a professional, reliable and friendly service.  Whether you have a collection of thousands or just the one model we will be only too pleased to offer you a personal service.

• PeterPeter Member, Dealer Posts: 2 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
    Hi All,

Peter here at Movie Poster Exchange. This is my first post. Not here to hawk posters. I came across your ad recently and like the forum. I collect a bit of everything. Regarding the Eastwood thread: The spaghetti westerns are great of course  but setting those aside, I am particularly fond of:
    Outlaw Josey Wales. Kaufman wrote a hell of a good script chock full of memorable lines.
    Magnum Force. Milius and Cimino script and Clint in his Prime. What's not to like.
    In the Line of Fire. One of the most underrated Eastwood films. Admittedly Malkovich makes the film, but the script is tight and holds up well, getting an AA nomination. Malkovich received a nomination for best supporting actor as well but lost to Tommy Lee Jones in The Fugitive. He was robbed!

-Peter