Metropolis Daybill — The Vintage Movie Posters Forum

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

This Month's Monthly Movie Clip of the errr...month

A Christmas Story (1983)
"You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!"
Do NOT click here until December 1st because if you do you will be whomped up the side of your head

Support Our Sponsors:

Lots of old stuff

Visit Moviemem

Now open!

What?! This is absolutely NOT Christmas decorating of the forum...I might actually just like John Lithgow as an actor

Advertise here - click to read how

Metropolis Daybill

HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
 As I have a feeling a few members have a copy of this Metropolis daybill would anyone be interested in some background history behind the release of the film in Australia that this daybill was designed and printed for ? Let me know if anyone is interested ?
Lawrence

Comments

• theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    I'm interested...need to get me one of those!
  • CSM_2_Point_0CSM_2_Point_0 Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    I have one and if Ves is interested in knowing more I had better damn well be too ;)
    There's a street of lights
    A long dark night
    Restaurant scenes
    And dark machines...

• 110x75110x75 Member Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Anything Metropolis is of my interest

• PanchoPancho Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Yes please! Any paper on this film is interesting.
  • HONDOHONDO Member Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    It will happen then soon.
    Lawrence
    It may take a little longer to organise than I thought. I have had some information for a while but some more new information will possibly be sent to me in the near future, in response to an email I have just sent off tonight.
    Lawrence

Sun newspaper Sydney NSW 1952.

From another newspaper article published also in June 1952.

''Talking of revivals, do you remember Fritz Lang's 1926 drama Metropolis? One of the classic fantasies of all time, it starred Brigette Helm, Alfred Abel and Gustave Froedich. The Regent screened it in 1928, with staff technicians providing the most realistic sound effects. Local film man Ray Rushmer has unearthed a rare old print of Metropolis. He has laboriously rephotographed it, using the ''stretch'' printing method to compensate for the difference in speed between silent and sound film effects. He has also added sound effects and background music. You'll see it at the Capitol on June 20.''

The film was picked up for release in 1952 through National Films Of NSW, a very small independent Australia film distributor.

Very little is known about Ray Rushmer and I am currently making some further enquiries, so if something arrives later on I will inform you of anything that may be of interest. 

Lawrence