Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Missing Australian Universal Horror Posters

124»

Comments

• HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

HONDO  said;
    Just to tidy things up, for the record, the titles of the five films sometimes credited incorrectly as being horror films that I had previously mentioned are - Night Key, The Invisible Woman, The Mystery Of Edwin Drood, The Mystery Of Marie Roget And The Secret Of The Blue Room.

I thought I would include this Australian newspaper advertisement for The Invisible Woman from 1941 here as well. 

If and when I come across any Australian newspaper advertisements for Night Key, The Mystery Of Edwin Drood or The Secret Of The Blue Room I will also include them here as well. 
    Lawrence
  • HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    HONDO said:

1934 film.  1941 film.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               The two films released in 1934 and 1941 were based on The Black Cat by Edgar Allen Poe. Both versions were released in Australia. The black and white Australian newspaper advertisements from both versions displayed here along  with original release U.S.A. posters. Similar U.S. DVD images are also displayed.  Between the different images it should enable us to conjure up in our minds what any Australian posters may have looked like, but more importantly, where are the Australian posters?

I have had this thread completed and sitting in drafts for ages. Seeing Ves has just opened a thread about The Black Cat it would appear the ideal time to present mine.

An update on one of The Black Cat films. Just a note to inform you that a daybill of The Black Cat, the 1941 version, was auctioned and sold at Christie's Melbourne Australia on  July 18, 1993, and was sold for $187. We now know that a daybill existed then and hopefully it still does and  an image will surface one day for us to see.
    Lawrence