Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Support Our Sponsors:

Wait a minute doc...ah...are you telling me you built a TIME MACHINE...out of a delorean?!

Visit Movie Poster Bid

Visit Moviemem

Now open!

Advertise here - click to read how

SPOILER ALERT!

If you are going to talk about a new movie and want to divulge the plot, or some key scene etc give some warning to those of us who haven't see the movie yet!

Simply wrap that text in these tags [spoiler] put txt here [/spoiler] the reader then has the choice to click to read it or simply read the rest of your post. Thank-you!

The Binge

DavidDavid Administrator Posts: 9,268 admin
It wasn't that long ago that we had just a couple of channels and/or were fed whatever the cable TV channel wanted to, including a limited selection of old/recent movies. Now with the internet the whole world has opened up, Netflix, Hulu, Apple TV, iView etc etc

What is more and more evident is the quality of a lot of mini-series coming through, 4 or 6 short riveting episodes rather than the old 12 or 24 - and our time being what it is luckily we can now record for future watching or even simple find a back catalogue and binge watch. Was listening to Aunty yesterday and they were reviewing all the series' that had been on this year, I suddenly realised there was soooo much I needed to catch up on.

What have you watched that we need to binge on?

The Night Of - one I watched when it came out, quality and riveting viewing

David

Comments

• theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter

Heard wonderful things about Night of...definitely need to see that.

A few shows for me to binge and finish this chrissy break...Better Call Saul, and believe it or not, the last few eps of Mad Men...I've avoided anything Mad Men like the plague so fingers crossed.

Breaking Bad for anyone who hasn't seen it...Cranston is pure genius.  Watch it just for his characters transformation through the series if nothing else.

• DavidDavid Administrator Posts: 9,268 admin

Breaking Bad for anyone who hasn't seen it...Cranston is pure genius.  Watch it just for his characters transformation through the series if nothing else.

Would soooo re-watch this again, Cranston was quite remarkable as you say. Who's got the box set in Australia on TV?

Not yet watched Better Call Saul...any good?
    David
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter

Better Call Saul is good...same style and you get spurts of characters you know, but not in the same league as Breaking Bad.  At least not so far...