Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

revenge of the jedi poster signed by george lucas worth

fisher_garry1fisher_garry1 Member Posts: 2 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder

How much would a revenge of the jedi poster signed by George Lucas be worth? Here is the poster without signature:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REVENGE-OF-THE-JEDI-CineMasterpieces-1983-STAR-WARS-ORIGINAL-C9-C10-MOVIE-POSTER-/192099660199

The same question for this easy rider poster:

https://www.movieposter.com/poster/MPW-23917/Easy_Rider.html

How much would it be worth if it was signed by Jack Nicholson?

Sincerly Tor

Comments

• CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,271 admin
    edited March 2017
    Unfortunately with signatures the real answer and sarcastic answer is what ever someone will pay.  Unless you are George Lucas or Jack Nicholson it is coming from them for charity or something or you have some undeniable proof (which is always deniable) that they were actually signed by these actors - all your really did what put sharpie on a really nice poster.  My initial reaction is that they would be worth much less.

Get a nice reproduction signed instead.    
    That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...
  • jayn_jjayn_j Member, Singin Dancing Fool, Lobby Master Posts: 620 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Hard to say.  As often as not, a signature will actually detract from value.  Many people do not want defaced posters.  Many of the autographs have turned out to be forged, and a certificate of authenticity isn't really worth the paper it is printed on.

The Easy Rider would probably want to be signed by Peter Fonda, not Nicholson.  If I were looking for a signed poster and was willing to pay more, I'd want the certificate, but I would also want a photo of the celebrity signing it, with the person selling it also present.

Finally, I think we can only give general ideas of what a poster is worth, even without a signature.  The general consensus is that at an auction it is worth exactly what 2 people are willing to pay.  That could be $2k one day and $50 the next week.
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
  • fisher_garry1fisher_garry1 Member Posts: 2 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
    edited March 2017
  • CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,271 admin
    The term market emplies and asking price, an offer price, and the price it sells for.  This is just an asking price. With the uncertainty of autographs I wouldn't offer more than $500 bucks... If he auctioned it without reserve, that might tell you what the market for this type of item is.
    That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...
  • jayn_jjayn_j Member, Singin Dancing Fool, Lobby Master Posts: 620 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Also note that this poster is ver often forged to the point where there are two times as many fakes as legitimate ones out there.  Looking at the ebay photos, this one is also of lesser quality with edge tear, wrinkling and a few missing bits of paper
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,220 admin
    I am personally averse to sigs, unless the person is standing in front of me when they sign then I would be wary of them. As to a COA, if I print one out and hand you it with the poster that has a forged sig on it how does the COA make it authentic?
    David
  • SvenSven Member Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    David said:
    I am personally averse to sigs, unless the person is standing in front of me when they sign then I would be wary of them. As to a COA, if I print one out and hand you it with the poster that has a forged sig on it how does the COA make it authentic?
    Because with your brilliant creativity you would also stick on a hologram with a unique number? 

• EisenhowerEisenhower Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 3,989 admin
    I think the previous comments I agree with. I love autographs. Have quite a few myself...but not on my posters. And not sure if Bruce would have these numbers, but do auto'd posters sell for less?...
    Sven said:
    David said:
    Because with your brilliant creativity you would also stick on a hologram with a unique number? 

For a $6K auto-signed poster I'd put an authentic (he really said it) personalised message from R2D2 on it as well.
    David
    edited March 2017
  • SvenSven Member Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    David said:
    Sven said:
    David said:

For a $6K auto-signed poster I'd put an authentic (he really said it) personalised message from R2D2 on it as well.
    We live in a crazy poster world