Skip to content

Hot showers = humid room.

Let's see what happens. Wall paper glue Left/Nori Right ( no C10H14O in Nori/basic mix )

We can look at this at plenty of angles.

So,

Now we wait. ZzZzzZZzZZZZZzZ

Dario.

Comments

• Hi Dario, interesting! What do you ultimately to find out? Thanks!
  • Patience Sven....Come on, Nori paste!!!! ....at least I'm guessing the outcome shouldn't be good for the old wallpaper glue.... ;)
  • edited July 2017
    Ima guessing you are wrong, Mark!

It is a basic paste. No C10H14O

So I think Wall paper might come out as the winner. I am more curious to see how long before we see some spots.

Anyhow I had a snille blixt moment  and thought I should try it in my bath room. It only took 2 min to set it up, so why not.

Best,
    Dario.

• Dario-is your experiment some ways back to the discussion regarding the effects of wheat starch based linenbacked posters vs. wallpaper based lin backed posters?

another thought, question: does home made wheat starch require the use of a anti-fungal ingredient? Would this help against humidity in this experiment?

• Yes; I have seen the vs/vs. So I had an idea yesterday and thought I should give it a try.

By no means am I trying to get some silly stuff started here on VMPF ( to old for it )

Was an idea and thought I should share it, that is all.

In fact, the cards are stacked against Mr Nori. (  noThymol )

Yes, you could/should use Thymol for funghi protection in paste or by spray.

Best,

dario.

• Looking forward to the results. 

Thanks, thought I'd read (apf or nsfg) where you included an anti fungal in your paste-will find some Thymol and begin including it in future paste. 
  • Hello,

Approx. 700 showers later, there is no mold/foxing showing. All look the same.

Back in a year,
    dario.

• Interesting. Where exactly are they hanging? Is that just 70gsm Masa Paper?

• in my bathroom, right out side the entrance to the shower stall. So steam really hits them.

Both 13 duck cotton canvas and Masa paper.

One wall paper glue other Wheat paste.

Like I said, no spots found yet on either.

So we wait.

Dario.
  • So D. Is there any folding or shrinkage in the summer months?
  • Hi Matt,

All the same from what I can see. No changes.

Best,
    dario. 
  • Image result for what does it all mean gif
    good question. Check back in 362 days when D updates us again.... =)
  • Ok, Jackie. I will tell you.

Imagine you and Chuck having a fight and there is no winner.

So,

I give up now. It's been a few years and lots of showers and I see no mold or other issues on either.

Cheers,
    Dario.

• You must have a very clean bathroom  :p
  • Now that's dedication to an experiment!
  • Good stuff Dario! Thx for keeping up with the experiment! No mold....is good!
  • Thank you guys!

It was easy. Just ignore it was there for a few years.

Difficult/annoying, explaining over and over  to friends/ guests what is going on.

Cheers,
    dario.