Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Screening Venues ( inside and out ) Featured In Motion Pictures film Quiz

13»

Comments

• theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    I am old now.  I need a BIGGER picture
  • HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

I worked it out from enlarging it like this.

Lawrence
  • MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,087 admin

Don't Go Near the Water (1957)

4a029 DONT GO NEAR THE WATER 12 color 8x10 stills 1957 Glenn Ford Gabor Holliman Anne Francis

Matt said:

Don't Go Near the Water (1957)

4a029 DONT GO NEAR THE WATER 12 color 8x10 stills 1957 Glenn Ford Gabor Holliman Anne Francis

# 22 is indeed Don't Go Near The Water. Well worked out.
    Lawrence
    HONDO said:

# 19 & # 20. Both images are from the same British film. Fact and fiction appear here. Anyone?

# 21. From an obscure Bela Lugosi f

Sorry I knew these two films would be hard but decided to include them anyway on the off chance someone could answer them. As it appears no one knows them the answers are as follows.

19 & 20 are from Eyewitness ( 1956 ). Interestingly both scenes are outside the Coronet Theatre. The first image shows advertising above the entrance of a made up film with a fictitious title and stars names, and the second image has the film being advertised as the real life film  The Rose Tattoo ( 1955 ).

# 21 answer is The Death Kiss ( 1932 ) featuring Adrienne Ames in the image I  had posted.

Lawrence
    edited August 14

22  23  

Two more before I spell this thread. I believe both images are gettable.
    Lawrence
    #'s 22 & 23 appear to be harder than I thought they would be, so clues are that the releasing years of the films were 1985 and 2009.
    Lawrence
  • jayn_jjayn_j Member, Singin Dancing Fool, Lobby Master Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    HONDO said:

I worked it out from enlarging it like this.

I tried that.  I think many of us realized the Jeep picture was the key.  I was doing a search for '2 WACs in Jeep movie image', but thought it was another woman in back.  I also picked the wrong branch of the service.
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
  • jayn_jjayn_j Member, Singin Dancing Fool, Lobby Master Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    #22 is 500 Days of Summer (2009)

I loved that film.
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
    jayn_j said:
    #22 is 500 Days of Summer (2009)

I loved that film.
    Correct. Good work Jay as this film isn't a very well known film.

Another clue for # 23 now is that this film is fantasy.

Lawrence
    edited August 16
    #23 - Brazil?  Cant find the image, but several similar ones.

I initially thought the guy was Robin Williams and was leaning toward One Hour Photo, but the year was all wrong.
    - Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
    jayn_j said:

I initially thought the guy was Robin Williams and was leaning toward One Hour Photo, but the year was all wrong.

Sorry but not Brazil. Same year but not the correct film title. Let me say that you do know the answer Jay. A final clue then.

Lawrence
    jayn_j said:

OK, Purple Rose of Cairo.  I rejected it earlier, silly me.

- Jay -
    Curmudgeon in training 
    jayn_j said:
    OK, Purple Rose of Cairo.  I rejected it earlier, silly me.

# 23. The Purple Rose Of Cairo ( 1985 ) is correct. One of Woody Allen's favourite films that he has made.

Lawrence