Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Studio C

MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,037 admin
Studio C is run by Diane Jeffery with over 20 staff in Vista California. Aside from posters and lobby cards they also clean and preserve, books, photos, textiles, animation art cels, toys and autographs.

Turn down the sound before clicking the link.

Comments

• CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,264 admin
    Is this the one that backed the S2 with the wrong NSS #?
    That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Charlie said:
    Is this the one that backed the S2 with the wrong NSS #?
    Yes...but Diane is also the one who really raised the question about the authenticity of the S2 Dracula to be auctioned by Profiles in History

And the thanks she got was a whole slew of litigation...

Search MoPo for the rest
    Chris
  • CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,264 admin
  • DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,213 admin
  • BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 846 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    So this guy went to court, and a judge ruled against him? It sounds to me like he has zero credibility. He had his "day in court".
    We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions a week, 138,000 a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
  • MattMatt Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 5,037 admin
    When Dario gets your package, he takes before photos...sends them to you with a complete run down of what he's going to to and how much it will cost. If there's an option to do this or that with the resto, he'll tell you.
    And if you have never used them before, take your own pictures before you send your stuff
    David
    There has to be more to this guy's story that we are not privy to
    Chris
  • PaulPaul Member, Quad Master Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    After a long time wondering what to do with and where to send this poster, I finally un-stuck it from a board it was glued to, so was able to send it to the U.S.

So I sent it off to studio C, who did an amazing job on bringing it back to life...

This is after I'd taken it off the board.

And this is it back from Studio C...

It's more than a Hobby...
  • EisenhowerEisenhower Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 3,979 admin

Great poster! Awesome job on restoration! Congrats Paul! That will look great framed on the wall!

\m/
    Smashing job there Paul!
    wow - that's a great job.

How did you take it off the board?
    David
  • SvenSven Member Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Wow , looks like they did a superb job!  may I ask the turnaround time of the job?
  • MirosaeMirosae Member Posts: 851 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    edited May 2015
    8-> And what a marvellous poster that one is Paul. Very well done. I hope it had a smooth shipping back. It looks like it did! Looking forward to seeing it framed!
    Rosa -
    Love some paper
  • theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

Oh WOW!  What a stunning poster.  SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous.

Congratulations!

=D>
    That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...
    Thanks Guys, though all praise must go to Diane and her team...

I got the poster off the board with good old Lighter fluid. It's the biggest thing I've used it on, lots of it. and steady as she goes..... 
    Sven said:
    Wow , looks like they did a superb job!  may I ask the turnaround time of the job?
    Missed this Sven, I never take much notice on how long something like this takes, as quality is paramount, and not time.  I'd guess around 8 or 9 weeks, but that was also including doing a UK 3sht. A friend of mine sent his 3sht with my Quad, so we could save a bit on postage both ways.

I have the next two I need doing ready to go, but I'll see if he is sending anything so we can do the same again... 
  • SvenSven Member Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    edited May 2015
    Paul said:
    Sven said:
    Missed this Sven, I never take much notice on how long something like this takes, as quality is paramount, and not time.  I'd guess around 8 or 9 weeks, but that was also including doing a UK 3sht. A friend of mine sent his 3sht with my Quad, so we could save a bit on postage both ways.

I have the next two I need doing ready to go, but I'll see if he is sending anything so we can do the same again... 
    Cheers Paul, agree quality is key, although I do get a little itchy at the 8 week mark.  And good luck with the next two! It's quite exciting to see the transformation of a poster.
    Paul said:
     I never take much notice on how long something like this takes, as quality is paramount, and not time.  

I disagree, there's a point when delivery (time) equals customer service. These people are experts sure, but so is a mechanic (for instance) and there is an expectation of a quality product and a quality turnaround (time-frame) from them.

If one is paying top dollar for a service then one SHOULD ask "how long", if you don't then more fool you, and if they don't deliver then you need to be making noises.
    David
    David said:
    Paul said:
     I never take much notice on how long something like this takes, as quality is paramount, and not time.  

I disagree, there's a point when delivery (time) equals customer service. These people are experts sure, but so is a mechanic (for instance) and there is an expectation of a quality product and a quality turnaround (time-frame) from them.

If one is paying top dollar for a service then one SHOULD ask "how long", if you don't then more fool you, and if they don't deliver then you need to be making noises.
    I do understand the sentiment.  But this is artistry in the end - not mechanics.  Personally, I would never want to rush such a thing as I feel that would only lead concurrently to a rushed restoration job.  That is just about the worst outcome.  Sometimes I am even worried that others might be putting too much pressure on the restorer to have their posters finished and returned too quickly - thereby putting MY precious pieces in the same line of fire.  It is even possible this has occurred with a certain restorer used by a large auction house.  

An estimated timeline is certainly something I will ask for but I am not going to throw a fit if getting top notch work completed requires and extra four weeks or whatever.  The posters are already 60-70+ years old and I can wait it out comfortably.  Of course if one were under a deadline to get a restored poster back to sell/auction it that might be something different...

But again I do get the arguments you have pointed out David and they are valid - just not entirely for me (within reason of course!)
    Chris
    The point I made is both is a job made by a skilled and trained technician, I have done my research and have chosen you because you do a top notch job, I expect nothing less - unless...

But no I wouldn't get pissed if there was a delay of four weeks.

But I would be annoyed if you estimated 4-6 weeks and 9-12 weeks later I had heard nothing; either you know what you are doing and can give a reasonable accurate timeframe or, if something happens to delay the return, TELL ME!

When you take money from someone in the act of doing business you owe it to your client to treat them with some respect - this whole 'I'm an artist' thing is a crock. If you've got too much work on, then turn work away, don't take the work unless you can deliver as promised (or keep me advised if otherwise). 

You may not need my business but you do need my referral.
    David
    I do find most decent restorers won't keep you hanging on. I've only had one place do that and it was a London based one. So if it's a few weeks over, so what. 

I'm a plumber and I can rush a job due to time scale, I can also take my time with it, and do a better more precise job. I know if someone is badgering me every few minuets I'll end up with a #$*^%*! you attitude, at which point I plumb the Gas supply into the cold water tap.... 
    But you don't tell them it'll take a day to get the water on and if you can't you don't say nothing nor do you wait until they meekly ask 2 weeks later if they can have a bath now 'cause their baby is starting to smell a little? 

The point I make is not about the time it takes, it's not about not telling them about the delay.
    David
    It's a different set of circumstances, Being without water, and waiting for some work done on a poster..!!!

I know what your saying, but really whats the rush..  If it goes into silly waiting time OK, I'll kick off as much as the next, but as you say, I'd have hoped there would have been some contact by then.
    I guess we all ultimately agree, we don't mind waiting if we are kept informed.
    David
    David said:
    I guess we all ultimately agree, we don't mind waiting if we are kept informed.

=D>
    Chris
    Found the pics of when the Hunchback poster arrived at my house covered in shards of glass, as the pilock who sent it wouldn't take it out of the frame...

So this is the before pics...

No one packages like the Brits...
    Oh dear. This guy must of been smoking crack.