Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

UK Quad copies

devodevo Member Posts: 1
Hi,
Recently I have noticed an increase of UK quad reprint / copies selling on EBAY they look ok and are a full 30 x 40 ' . My question is it it illegal? At the moment it is not a big problem detecting these copies. 20 years down the line when they are ( worn in )  could cause all sorts of problems for new collectors or people that just ain't up to scratch. I know there are loads of fakes & copies out there but I think it is time this was made illegal if it is not already. The size would be the first and easiest thing.

Comments

• theartofmovieposterstheartofmovieposters Member Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    I'm not aware of reprints...can you enlighten us with some titles/examples?
  • PaulPaul Member, Quad Master Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    I do know of a fair few, but what are the titles you have seen?
    It's more than a Hobby...
  • PosterLabPosterLab Member Posts: 7 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
    Hi I have seen pretty good non oscar Star Wars quad reproductions that could easily fool a novice.

The printing is too bright and paper slightly too thick. Size is correct but  the folds are not as sharp as the machine folded Originals that I used to handle when working at National Screen Services for Lucas.
    Not sure where these are coming from but so far they can be detected without too much effort.
    Still a bit disturbing. Fake detection is going to get harder especially with the preoccupation of air spraying over with acrylic by our overseas cousins.