Skip to content

Thanks for the invite Matt and Charlie. I live just down the street from the greatest race course in the world, The Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I've been to every Indy 500 since 1964 except for the NO fans in attendance covid year, 2 years ago. I became a collector of open wheel racing memorabilia decades ago and have a nice collection....as it became harder and harder to find items I didn't have or were of interest after collecting for decades, a friend told me about Hollywood and all of the auto racing movies that came out of there. I had no idea there were so many movies done with auto racing themes and no idea how many of the biggest stars of Hollywood were in them. I started looking for and watching all of the auto racing themed movies, especially those which had not only footage in them from the Indianapolis 500 but actually had the stars here and did some filming at the track. Then I saw the movie posters associated with the films and as a collector I was now hooked on movie posters with auto racing themes. And now I'm here to discuss and learn. Ed

Comments

• Glad you made it, Ed. Welcome! I'm kinda the torch bearer for the automotive stuff, but there's a ton of great posters, lobbies, etc from all decades and genres. Enjoy!

p.s. thanks for the assist, Charlie.
  • Welcome!
  • welcome!