Skip to content

December 2022

edited December 2022 in Recent Acquisitions

1963 re-release

May be an image of text that says FRANKI NSTEIN me to THE WOLF MAN NEW THRILLS AS TITANS OF TERROR LOCKIN M MORTA ILONAMASS ILONA MASSEY PATRIC BELA LUGOSI KNOWLES LIONEL ATWILL MARIA OUSPENSKAYA LON CHANEY UNIVERSAL-INTERNATION PICTURE

Comments

• Oh nice, so that's where it ended up.  So all is good with the poster?
  • Well done Rick.
  • Thanks. Vesna, I was nervous about the description of "thin" paper but it feels and looks okay to me. Probably spent too much but that's my fault!
  • yeah it would be an odd one to fake...good work and congrats!
  • Awesome poster, Rick! It's really bold and will look great framed and on the wall! I heartily second Lawrence's sentiment.

•  

1963 Australian film advertisement placed for a Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man screening. The fight scene depicted is from the film, but the image of the monster's head, and the woman are from different films altogether. 
  • Here's the other half of that double feature!
    May be an image of text that says ALL TOGETHER HOUSE
  •  ( HA ) 

The original House Of Dracula ( 1945 ) Australian 1946 printed three sheet, and the produced for New Zealand only  daybill of The Brides Of Dracula ( 1960 ). 

Rick's 1963 re-release Australian one sheet, and the New Zealand Daybill of The Brides Of Dracula both used the original 1940's  Dracula menacing the woman scene in their later artwork.

More about another The Brides Of Dracula New Zealand daybill mishmash shortly. 
  • That is a nice daybill, well the original at least
  •                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       I I  

I had accidently included and credited the image that I had posted of House Of Dracula from HA as being an Australian three sheet, when in fact it was an Australian daybill image.

To rectify this both the similar looking daybill followed by the three sheet now appear above.
  • Interestingly the House Of Dracula Australian daybill has a Suitable Only For Adults censorship rating, while the Australian three sheet has A Horror Film Suitable For Adults Only censorship credit.