Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

What the hell is an International One Sheet...

CharlieCharlie Member, Administrator, Moderator, Game Master Posts: 6,204 admin
Is an International One Sheet just a British or UK One Sheet or could it have been displayed elsewhere.  And if so, why aren't they just called British One Sheets?
That second mouse in the bowl of cream we call life...
www.movieposterworks.com  | MPW on Facebook

Comments

• DavidDavid Member Posts: 10,181 admin
    edited September 2014
    Because they are not just used in the UK...

Anyway I would define a British 1SH as one printed in the UK
    David
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Yeah international posters (sans US ratings etc.) were even sometimes used in Australia
    Chris
  • PaulPaul Member, Quad Master Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    edited September 2014
    They were usually printed for the colonies, hence No certification. Though occasionally they were used in the U.K. I spoke to an old boy who ran a Cinema in the 40's through to the 60's, and he told me they mostly used 1sheets.....Most odd, but true. Same thing with modern stuff, a fellow I get some modern posters from is a manager at a Cinema that mostly uses 1Sheets now-a-days.  They may well be printed in the US now, or mostly, but have a much wider distribution than just the old UK Colonies... 

It's more than a Hobby...
  • RichRich Member, Dealer, Tea Lady Posts: 237 ✭✭ One-Sheeter
    US International posters are posters printed in the USA for distribution to other countries. They do not get distributed to English speaking countries only and can be found almost anywhere
    Rich Halegua
    Visit MoviePosterBid