Skip to content

Worst artwork

Comments

• The daybill isn't too bad except the poster artist has drawn what looks like to me Gregory Peck's image instead of Laurence Olivier.

What do you think Ves ?

imageimage

Gregory Peck

Laurence Olivier in Wuthering Heights

Hondo

• Hmmm, not really either, though definitely more Peck than Olivier.

And what is going on with Niven on the bottom!  Sheesh...

Oh and the crappy Taxi driver...too funny.

But I own both... (walks off hanging head in shame)

• HONDO said:

The daybill isn't too bad except the poster artist has drawn what looks like to me Gregory Peck's image instead of Laurence Olivier.

What do you think Ves ?

That's got to be the best rendering of Sandro I have ever seen in a daybill

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0762275/
  • Taxi Driver wins...or should that be loses?
  • Rick said:
    Taxi Driver wins...or should that be loses?
    It is certainly the best of the worst errr worst of the worst?
  • From a daybill currently up for auction.

• Pretty awful daybill design copied from only an average insert..

imageimage

• One was modeled on the other.
  • Attention! Closing in about 3 1/2 hrs! ...kinda makes you wonder who called in sick that day! Horrible artwork on Stewart's face! :Dphoto C91659B4-1D91-45EC-9BE5-256548E002E2_zpsgeh2luig.jpg
  • That is one shocker of stewart!
  • Oh NO...soooooooooooooooooooooo bad!
  • If one looked forever I doubt a worse artwork example of the late great James Stewart could be found.
  • If Lawrence used that in a quiz and offered a cash prize (or chocolate) it would never be claimed!
  • Jimmy's image copied badly from this U.S. lobby card. Bad day at the Burton office.

• Yeah, poor Jimmy got the short draw on that one! The DB is still holding at $2.00 US with just over an hr to go! $3 anybody? B-) ...actually if I needed it to complete a collection....
  • I hope it's not coming back to Australia, afterall someone spent a lot of money in postage sending it to the USA for auction, less the 75% selling fee it will turn out to be one well fugly well travelled poster
  • I think I found another winner...

I think the red being printed off register has a lot to do with it...I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it is a printing error.

• I've got one of those off-register prints around somewhere, hard on the eyes. 

But I was wondering, when you think about it, it may look different if you grabbed a pair of 3-D glasses and looked at it.
  • The poster is as bad as the film itself.
  • At least they are well suited then :)
  •                                                                                You have got to love this one.
  • edited August 2015

Jane Fonda at her worst with images to follow.

•                                                                                                                                                                                                 Any Wednesday ( 1966). Take a look at Jane Fonda and that arm.

• I think I found another winner...

I think the red being printed off register has a lot to do with it...I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it is a printing error.

One man's trash...

Full disclosure - I recently deliberately acquired this poster. This thread makes me realize why it was such a good deal!  :)
  • Pancho said:

I think I found another winner...

One man's trash...

Full disclosure - I recently deliberately acquired this poster. This thread makes me realize why it was such a good deal!  :)
     =) 
  • Hey, there is no shame in anything...There are several posters in this thread I would love to own.   All that matters is it found its way to a loving home. 
  • edited September 2015

John has an excellent Australian one sheet of The Man In The Net that leaves the daybill in it's wake. The U.S. insert is how the Australian daybill should look. It's like chalk and cheese.

•                                                                                                                                                            theartofmovieposters said

In one colour is not bad enough, it deserved to be printed in multiples!

Thought I would post an image at the top of an original full colour daybill to show overseas members there is a better daybill in existence than the two terrible duotones.