Skip to content

Australia: One Big Ass Country

edited January 2015 in Everything Random!

1. Australia is big. REALLY big.

Australia is big. REALLY big.
2. A BIG COUNTRY.

A BIG COUNTRY.

3. Australia overlapped onto North America.

Australia overlapped onto North America.

4. One Big Island!

One Big Island!

5. NSW compared to Texas.

NSW compared to Texas.

6. Western Australia compared to Europe.

Western Australia compared to Europe.

7. Northern Territory compared to A

Comments

• 2. Dingo fence, the world’s longest fence.

Dingo fence, the world's longest fence.

13. Australia shrinks in world map adjusted for population size (1 grid square = 1 million people)

Australia shrinks in world map adjusted for population size (1 grid square = 1 million people)

14. Size comparison of Greenland and Australia.

Size comparison of Greenland and Australia.

15. Uluru (Ayers Rock) compared to Central Park, Manhattan.

Uluru (Ayers Rock) compared to Central Park, Manhattan.

16. The Great Barrier Reef compared to Europe.

The Great Barrier Reef compared to Europe.

17. Australia. A lot larger than you think*

17 Maps Of Australia That Will Make Your Mind Boggle
  • I thought Brazil was the big ass country...

• Are you sure the one 2nd from the end is not a bloke?
  • LOL! \:D/ both points, well made!
  • It may be big, but nobody wants to live there... I would live in Brisbane, not Sydney though. The people in Sydney remind me of the French - a bunch of snooty assholes... FYI - The Texas population is greater than the current Australian population...
  • You'd love Melbourne Charlie, much more laid back. Poster Capital of Australia I might add.  \:D/
  • Canadia 9984670 km2 vs. Ozland 7692024 km2

It's OK to be envious
    :-*
  • But yeah our butts are still generally smaller than Brazil's...
  • Charlie said:
     I would live in Brisbane, not Sydney though. The people in Sydney remind me of the French - a bunch of snooty assholes... 
    I live in Sydney - I love you too,
  • David said:
    Charlie said:
     I would live in Brisbane, not Sydney though. The people in Sydney remind me of the French - a bunch of snooty assholes... 
    I live in Sydney - I love you too,
    I know... ;)
  • I never made it to Melbourne Matt... Nah Sydney was fun I was just poking at David. I didn't quite understand the pay toilets in the park and there was a WTO meeting and corresponding protest resulting in the Olympic park being closed... Plus the whole plague of moths... I did enjoy my hike to the end of the peninsula for the bridge/opera house shot.... There were some neat shops under the Harbor bridge... The museums were great too... Brisbane just felt like home for some reason and I really do feel like I could live there... I use to walk around New Farm with not a worry in the world.
  • Melbourne is the place to be! Voted world's number 1 most liveable city, comes with a price though..
  • Pay toilets??? Crikey, that's bit rich and there's nothing wrong about poking David...one of my favourite past times (and current).  The Rocks in Sydney is fav of mine and the Aquariums. I've spent a fair bit of time in the Manly, Balgowlah and Frenchs Forest. Real nice up that way. 

I was going to say Brisbane is too hot but it's 40ºC here now and 28ºC there. Go figure?? 
  • edited January 2015
    I've lived in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne and without a doubt Melbourne is #1 for me, it's far more cosmopolitan, great public transport and great eating and entertainment, restaurant eating is most excellent whether locally or almost anywhere in Melbourne - it was a sad day when I heard the Stokehouse burnt down, it was a great summer time eating/drinking establishment, however Riva restaurant at the Brighton Yacht club is awesome if you want to settle in for afternoon wine and food, summer or winter. 

Weather in Sydney is better overall, and there is plenty of things to do - it's great fun for the beaches. 

It's been far too many years for my memory to comment about Brisbane as a place to live, but we don't call 'em cowboys up there for nothing....as to the weather, despite it being summer it is the storm season, winter is the dry months.

• Well, I have decided I want to move to Sydney:

• Bloody hell (the video and the news you are moving here)
  • Yep that's a big ass