Skip to content

Star Wars Stuff

We're there any other times in the films where the empire used "stun" other than on Princess Leia?

Comments

• Wich Leia?

• None. But Jim and Spock did it nearly every episode! :D
  • If I remember, the blast from the pistol? Rifle gave off kind of a "halo" blast as it traveled to Leia...Nice one Matias!... :))
  • Crikey, what a Rum bunch...

Mind I have to say Leia did nothing for me, I still run Barbarella, now there's a space Babe...
  • Hi,

ich hab beim stöbern im Internet ein sehr cooles Star Wars Gif gefunden. image

ich finde es absolut super. Was sagt ihr dazu.

Quelle: http://your-foto.de/star-wars-poster/
  • Hi

Latte with one sugar thanks?

:-?
  • So much stick
  • Google translation: I'm browsing the internet a very cool Star Wars gif found I find it absolutely amazing. What do you say.
  • New trailer:

• edited December 2015
    Just saw Star Wars!!!  Really??? Mace Windu's son that is the best you got????
  • As a non SW fanboi I had to look that up.

Didn't help.
  • It's a spoiler that isn't a spoiler...  I was just being silly.  It's a great film, there tray aren't any surprises.
  • Charlie said:
    It's a spoiler that isn't a spoiler...  

Man Who Spoiled New Star Wars Movie Beaten In Theater

Spoiler Raymond Chatfield was brutally assaulted by a Wookie, a Stormtrooper and Boba Fett.

BAKERSFIELD, CA – A 20-year-old man named Raymond Chatfield walked out of a premiere of ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ on Thursday night and shouted out a major spoiler, which was heard by almost a hundred people waiting on line in the lobby.

“I was waiting on line to see the 10pm showing,” said witness Robert Selvidge. “Then this snot-nose kid walks past the line, shouts out the ending and starts laughing. He totally ruined the movie for everyone...what a jerk!”

Chatfield was immediately assaulted by a Wookie, a Stormtrooper and Boba Fett.

“I saw it all. This guy shouts out the spoiler right? Within 15 seconds he was on the ground getting his ass stomped,” said another witness, who asked to remain anonymous. “At first the crowd was cheering them on, and I think that made it worse. They beat him up for a solid 5 minutes, kicking him in the balls, punching him in the gut, bitch-slapping him...eventually people got quiet. Even I was like, okay...enough yo.”

The Wookie, the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett were not only not arrested by police, they were even allowed to watch the movie as planned.

“We view this as justifiable assault,” said police chief Greg Richardson. “May the Force be with you.”

The spoiler Raymond Chatfield is currently listed in critical condition in the intensive care unit at Mercy Hospital.   

• Pretty amazing they got off scott free given he is in intensive care.  I thought  justifiable assault would be self defence?
  • I think it was a joke article...
  • Yeah-I just read that the story was first posted on a site that specializes in satire-considered to be a hoax. 
  • Has everyone been? Do you nerdy lot want to start talking about it now?  =)

• Haven't been, might wait for the DVD.

I did start reading a negative article about the new movie but stopped when the reviewer said in the first paragraph that he'd never seen the first 6 movies.... 

• I haven't been yet. Have seen the precious 6, and am showing 4, 5 & 6 to the kids before we take them next week. Have read reviews it's good. 
  • As some of you know George Lucas made many modifications to the original trilogy
     This fan decided to create the highest definition of the original trilogy. Hopefully disney will release the unmodified version on blue ray in the future.

• Very cool, Sven! Thanks for posting! I would consider myself
    a Star Wars fan, but these technicians take it to a life commitment! Having seen the original when it came out years ago, hopefully it will be re-released as it was in theaters some 39 years ago...
  • Just saw the new Star Wars. Very good movie! No sitting around & contemplating the next move, full of action! Took me back to IV: "A New Hope"!
  • Star Wars: The Force Awakens Breaks Records, Making More Than $1 Billion

December 27, 2015 @ 01:45 PM / By Will Mendelson
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens has broken another box office record, grossing more than $1 billion globally faster than any film in history. Credit: Courtesy Lucasfilm 2015

The force is still going strong. Star Wars: The Force Awakens has broken another box office record, officially grossing more than $1 billion globally over the Christmas weekend, and doing it faster than any film in history.

The smash film also racked up $153.5 million domestically over the weekend, representing the best holiday weekend ever, Variety reports.

Last weekend, the newest installment in the George Lucas-created franchise scored $238 million in domestic ticket sales during its opening weekend,shattering the record that was previously held by Jurassic World, which opened this summer at $208.8 million in ticket sales.

“This is a record that will stand for a long time,” Jeff Bock, an analyst at Exhibitor Relations, told Variety on Sunday, December 20. “This gives us an idea of how much a movie can make on a particular weekend.”

It’s not surprising that the newest Star Wars film — directed by J.J. Abrams and featuring original cast members Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamillalongside newcomers Daisy Ridley and John Boyega â€” has already surpassed the global $1 billion mark, given that it garnered a whopping $517 million worldwide in ticket sales on its opening weekend.

“It was bigger than a movie,” said Dave Hollis, Disney’s distribution chief. “It became a cultural event.”

Disney, the studio behind The Force Awakens, is set to release four more Star Wars films.

• edited December 2015

But wait you Star Wars Fanbois, there's more

Here are the TV ads from 1978

and the music video produced by the French group The Bang Bang Robot

and here is the movie

and the wiki
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Holiday_Special

and the analysis
    http://mashable.com/2015/12/25/star-wars-holiday-special

and because this is a movie poster forum, here is the poster, rare no doubt and probably very collectible