Skip to content

Bye Bye Bruce...

edited October 2014 in Dealer Feedback
So Richie has run Bruce off from another forum, MOPO, which leaves VMPF as the last place (besides facebook - which I have enjoyed) that Bruce may post from time to time. Looking forward to some knowledge bombs B and other commentary!

So Richie has run Bruce off from another forum, VMPF the last place (besides facebook - which I have enjoyed) that Bruce may post from time to time. See you on Facebook!

Comments

• I am still on Movie Poster Forum, but of course that is on fumes. And IF I were to start posting more here, wouldn't I get run off the same way here?

I am open to any questions about posters or the history of the hobby, and I surely have seen more posters than anyone here, and have sold more for more money, so I have a deep well of knowledge. But if a discussion starts and trolls come on board, I will be gone. Life is too short for me to do things that are boring or no fun.

So bring on any questions!

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• edited October 2014
    We don't care who gets on with whom, we don't take sh*t and we don't allow sh*t.

W'ez simple folk, that strange fella from Victori Matty, that thar Texan varmit Charlie, and me the good looking one (cause I have all my own teeth, all three of them)...ifn you don't know our rulz reed 'em har, else move on...

• I'm actually in NSW atm.....lock yur doors tri tooth, >:)
  • Swing on by...unless you're just on the border, in which case...

Release the hounds!
  • edited October 2014
    Albury-Wodonga

• Charlie said:
    So Richie has run Bruce off from another forum, MOPO, which leaves VMPF as the last place (besides facebook - which I have enjoyed) that Bruce may post from time to time. Looking forward to some knowledge bombs B and other commentary!
    BULLSHIT CHARLIE

I did no such thing.
    Bruce posted some promotional piece that several members said something about.. a number of them before I said anything

Then I posted a buying post.
    Some members for some reason saw it as a criticism of Bruce, which it was not - it was a plain old buying post. Does it state some truths about consigning your collection to any auction? Sure it does. Does it point to 75% commission rates? Sure. But there was nothing in my post that was not factual information.
    More discussions and disagreements from all kinds of members

I told Bruce there and I'll say it to anyone here, post away on all forums.. I don't give a f*ck. Whether you post or not is your business and blaming me for yuor own actions is foolishness and childish
    Now if you post stuff that is false, or designed to denigrate other dealers in order to pump up your self, I wouldn't be surprised if the same members - those being Franc, Tommy Barr, Greg Douglass etc - post their comments again

I don't make other people say the things they say or type & post and I never asked one single person to critique anyone's advertising

The characterization that I drove anyone off is ridiculous garbage.
  • Please close my account. I won't be needing it.

Anyone wanting to converse with me can do so on Facebook or through personal email.

Thanks!

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• Dead thread he said.

•  Will do Bruce...
  • OK you are as good as closed.  You can still log on just no activity rights - didn't want to delete in case you ever changed your mind.
  • Dammit no Bruce.. :(
  • Charlie the master jinxer!!  :-SS
  • A peaceful hush has fallen over the hobby ...

But how long can it last? How long till he reaches behind the wardrobe and retrieves that trusty pump action? How long till the mad sprays of unheard of bargains and unparalleled service rage across our screens once again?

For God’s sake, how long I ask you?

• We should get Bruce Back....give Rich something to talk about.

Hey Dave. Do you think we have to explain this photo again?
  • He won't comeback - he has Facebook now...