Skip to content

Rear Window daybill (1954)

The daybill for Rear window sold at auction late last year at emovieposter.com for US $3,000 currency converted AUD $3,691. I'd say its worth around 3k AUD. image

Comments

• This is an interesting one as the price seems to be based on the previous bench mark achieved in 2011 when another copy sold on EMP for $3011. That price was set by me and another in a last 5 minute bidding war. Kbrianton was the user id I recall. It was in the low 2000s and I tried a knockout bid of high 2000s but they just ate it away. So if a new collector like me was not on the block at the time it would have sold for low 2000s and perhaps this one for similar. Having said so, I agree that its worth more around the 3000aud and not north of that. I was tempted to bid but was not super keen to win it and actually have no regrets on not winning it prior. Think jc1964 won this time around. Last year or the year prior one sold on ebay, from tassy for the 700 or 800 aud except it's title was eaten a little by silverfish, not sure if u recalll? In any case gotta love jimmy and this movie O:-)
  • God damn silverfish.  Little bastards I hate them!
  • I know ! I had a silverfish problem but a good little trick was putting a few cotton balls dipped in lavender oil in a jar and then in place with the poster storage area.
  • That tip is duly noted should I start seeing Silverfish, thanks!
  • I spotted a silver fish nest the other day...  Right next to Matt's posters.  I didn't bother.  I figured what the hell, I am going to back them anyway...  

=))

Really though.  I've spotted one near the tub once.  They like to crawl in the jet tubes I think??? I order some lavender oil after reading though.  Better safe.... 
  • edited January 2015
    Yep prevention is better! Had a cheeky one behind a linen back poster must have been there for a while cause it was a large one! Anyway that was the last spotted I clean out the surrounding areas every 4 months, bit of the lavender oil in warm water and renew the cotton balls. Of course bug spray around the perimeter of storage also works but the lavender is natural.. Hey sorry reg didn't mean this to become a silverfish fest talk mate!
  • Sven said:
    Hey sorry reg didn't mean this to become a silverfish fest talk mate!
    Yeah, 'cause this is the FIRST time a thread has ever ever EVER gone off topic!  =))
  • I saw two cockroaches mating on one Charlies posters....they looked like they were having a good time.
  • New South Welshman have no morals...