Skip to content

Autographs

edited January 2015 in What else do you collect?

I don't collect famous people autographs, nor do I have the desire to collect them either; I've been around international sports people for much of my life and never thought about getting their autograph. But that said we do have a couple of autographs in the house...

So, other than film related what do you guys have that is signed?

Comments

• This is the only signed poster(anything) I have. They were better live than on CD. Retro style band from Perth. One of my fav bands of all time.

Measures 40"x 57"
  • I probably have a fake Gwyneth Paltrow autographed picture that I bought off ebay... And I have a Charley Pride autographed album somwhere... Plus a ton of baseball stuff, Nolan Ryan, Hank Aaron, Johnny Bench...

• Got this off a collector who was a fan of Jane Fonda. Signed at her book launch in Sydney, 2006.
    Also recently had a woman try and sell me a ciggy butt smoked by Jerry Lewis back in the '50s. Apparently her mum was a big fan and she rushed across and grabbed it at the airport. 
    Sadly, I had to decline her offer!

• Dammit wish you had bought it, if you had of I have a bridge you might've been interested in...
  • Nice one!

Chris Mammit sold a Barbarella Daybill to couple who knew Jane. They gave it to her for her birthday apparently. 
  • David said:
    Dammit wish you had bought it, if you had of I have a bridge you might've been interested in...
    There was a whole hoard of other stuff from the 1950s. Posters, stills etc. It was probably genuine, but even so, who cares!

I've never even tried to sell that JF daybill. The whole signature market is just ruined.
  • and off topic is "Other than film related what do you guys have that is signed?"
  • David said:
    and off topic is "Other than film related what do you guys have that is signed?"
    Sorry, I missed that. And nope, got nothing else. 
  • Does that exclude T.V. related also...?
  • O.K. here's a few..

Writer..

Comedian..

Model..

Runner..

Boxer..

• Who's the runner?
  • Brendan foster.
  • edited January 2015
    I have about 2 dozen auto'd balls-nothing of note except a Bob Uecker... :D ----these two are the pride & joy of any sports autos I have! Got them in the mid 90s... 
  • edited January 2015

• Ooooohhhh   You a golfer?
  • bout once a month but wish it was more...time constraints more than anything. You? anyone else on VMPF? I need to get them authenticated one of these days...and framed!
  • Yeah I live in a golf course community.  Been playing since I was 15... David plays/played.

Yeah, authentication... The sharpie on the older mag - but you are probably ok.  
  • I only play Crazy Golf, there's one up the road at Whitby...
  • I was a member at the Torquay Golf before the RACV purchased the club and wrecked a peaceful coastal paradise.

Before

After

• edited January 2015
    Got this golfing one sitting in the back of a wardrobe, no idea what I'll do with it now I don't play golf.

Still, not a bad foursome. Only 100 posters were signed.

• Yeah, I was inexperienced auto seeker back then-any pearls I get auto'd now get the cheap ball pt pen treatment. Sharpie has held up ok on the mags, '62 & '67. Golf course comm is nice! -----beautiful course Matt! ....or at least it was.... #-o
  • Here are a few of mine .....

• and some of the golfing autographs ...

• Very nice John! And some personalized! Love the Cptn Kirk & Tom Weiskopf! :-bd
  • Thanks. I watched Tom Weiskopf win the Picadilly World Match Play Championship at Wentworth in 1972. He had a pure swing. William Shatner was in Australia for signings a couple of months ago.

I picked up the Mickey Rooney autograph at a signing in LA about 20 years ago.

• '72 was a great year for golf! Weiskopf had a great "reverse C" golf swing-and challenged Nicklaus at most every tournament as Nicklaus won the first 2-legs of the grand slam that year. Sizable collection of nice autos- Rooney has great legacy as well!
  • I have some score cards signed by Jack Nicklaus, Lee Trevino and Arnold Palmer when they played in the Piccadilly. They actually signed the cards in the place marked "Players signature" and "Markers signature". Players wont do that now because someone could enter the wrong score and the card could be used to challenge the result.
  • Great stuff John! Palmer, Trevino & Nicklaus is nice! Don't think I'll be getting a Palmer anytime soon. He's getting more difficult with each year. You have stuff that's fit for passing in to the next generation to appreciate. Was that Picadilly Match Play in England?