Skip to content

Autographs

2»

Comments

• Yes, the Match Play was in England at Wentworth where they now play the PGA championship. I lived very close to the club in the late 60s and early 70s and you could watch the pros practice before the tournament and chat with them and then follow them round during the tournament. They had all of the best players of the time. Unfortunately, Wentworth is now a place where only the very rich can afford to be members or play there. I was there last year and walked around the course but didn't play - brought back some good memories.
  • Good stories John, thanks for sharing. I went to the Phoenix Open starting in the early 90's into the early 2000's and to a senior tourney- The Tradition in the mid 90's- to see all of the players you saw in their prime! The Holy Land for golf in the US (IMHO) is Augusta National, The Masters-of which I don't think I'll be able to get to in my lifetime.
  • The Phoenix Open is now called the Waste Management Phoenix Open - that just doesnt sound right for a golf tournament name. I would love to see Augusta but probably settle for the TV coverage every year in April. I'm tipping Mark Leishman will go well this year.
  • edited February 2015
    A few gifts from a friend I uncovered after recent cleaning...presidential candidate for the Democrats in 1984...Walter Mondale pennant.
  • edited February 2015
    Sorry, images don't seem to want to post.
  • edited February 2015

• edited February 2015
    Hey! It worked!

• Ted Kennedy, powerhouse...nice one Mark! How'd you score that one? and whose autograph is on the flag?
  • Thanks Sven-Walter Mondale was the Democratic presidential candidate in 1984 vs the Republican Ronald Reagan. I got the Ted Kennedy from a friend from Boston, Mass. He's a huge Kennedy fan & autograph collector!