Skip to content

New guy, Found a big stack, take a look and share some info please!

Hello! My names Anthony, I live in San Diego and I do a lot of buying out in here, mostly Clothes and toys and other stuff similar. I have recently been finding posters I liked. I don't know much about Posters so I came here to share the items I found so far, and hopefully you guys find the stuff neat and I can learn some stuff. Thanks in advance! image
The first One I found I recognized the Actor from "Shogun Assassin" but I didn't Know his name at the time, I learned his name Is Toshiro Mifuni and the poster is for a show called "sword wind butterfly" or something like that. So I checked around and tried to see what his posters were going for and its tough for me to place a value on it because Im not sure of what conditions affect some of the prices On this. I know the show aired only 6 months so Id imagine its quite a rare poster, but im not sure If the show was a hit among his fans. Id have to delve pretty deep into samurai movies and stuff to learn so im hoping somebody can tell me something who already know whats up. 
This is a 3 inch stack of lobby cards, I can and will provide more photos but ill give a written description now, Its a bit late. 
what you see on top is "Banjo on my knee" and its a complete set with some doubles. Condition is very good to NM.
Below that is a set from the movie "Run Wild Run Free" and its also VG-NM. I got a paper wrapper with "and now Miguel" lobby cards, looks to be full set NM-mint
"Blue Skies" set mint in brown title wrapper, 4 from the movie "Doll Face" 3 from "louisiana purchase" mint in brown wrapper.
Spencer's mountain 4 cards
Trouble with angels set
For me and my gal 2 cards
Desert song set
Charlie chaplin modern times 1 card
birth of blues 2 cards mint in brown wrapper
big stack of Jerry lewis, "its only money" "disorderly orderly""family jewels" "who's minding the store" "the patsy"
Almost none have pin holes, creases or noticeable wear. They are excellent for the most part. I already did some checking around and see people asking 10-40$ for lot of these by themselves. Should I be shitting my pants I paid 60$ for these? I don't know the demand for these, I know people on eBay just ask whatever and its not the greatest way to get a feel of a items true worth. Any insight is greatly appreciated. My email is igotpolo@gmail.com if you want to contact me directly or PM me on here or posting is fine. Sorry about the big Blob of text.

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Welcome Anthony

I moved this post into the For Sale section as you seem to be selling this stuff rather than collecting? 

You'll have to show us in detail and better pics so we can see whether the cards are originals or re-releases - there's a big difference in price. Also you might want to search here it will give you a guide, not necessarily what it is worth just what someone was willing to pay on the day...they may have been drunk.

• Welcome Anthony. If you want to learn...you've come to the right place. :-/
  • I never mentioned selling.......
    I am showing the posters I found, Isn't this a discussion forum? Let me explain. I don't need you guys to sell posters, I want words from you. I know you folks in here can give me some easy answers, but I just read around your board and I get a certain vibe already so im not expecting too much. I find a lot of stuff and hit forums all the time and interact with new collector community's to learn about stuff. So im not a poster collector but I might collect a few posters you understand? These are not re-releases, I pulled them out of a big box someone had in a attic until they died from old age. Some of these things are in the original aged brown envelopes nobody seems to have. I got many other old items im on other forums checking on now, photos, autographs, magazines etc, and none of them were reproductions or even later than 1969.
    I can take a few photos now but I only have crappy indoor light, its late here so photos will suck.
  • Honestly, Its insulting treating me like I came in here pandering to you to make a sale when It cleary says im looking for info and shared my intentions very plainly. I went out of my way Not to try and sell a poster. I don't want to sell you any posters.
  • Anthony, re read David's post. I think you are jumping the gun here. 
  • he moved my post into "for sale'', when im not trying to sell.....
    how am I jumping the gun? I wanted someone to "share some info" told you "i was hoping I could learn" and you start treating like Im the crackead from menace to society with the cheeseburgers over here. I make posts like this all the time, Old sports tickets, toylines I don't recognize, skateboards, etc. and not once have I had something like this happen.
    I really feel like I wasted my time here, and I know someone in LA that can tell me some stuff about these, but im only there a few times a month and It might take me a while to set up some time to hang with him and show him anyway. 
  • So you jump on forums, to get a dollar value about stuff you don't know about?

And you are not a poster collector.

And we have treated you like a crackhead?....with cheeseburgers?   a menace you say?

Fuck it..I think we should keep this thread open.

• edited March 2015
    Geeze, welcome to the forum...if I made an error in thinking you were selling then I apologise, it's an easy error to make because when I scrolled through your many Instagram posts I find you are happy to sell anything should anyone want to buy, the fact you don't put a for sale sign on it does not mean you are not selling.

If you read my post I also offered you advice on how to get a better idea on the value of your items, if value is something you are keen to find out about because showing us a one card and saying there is is a pile underneath is not really the best way for us to "share some info"

BTW - selling is not a crime.
  • So how much do you want for the stack of lobbies? Need more pictures...
  • Easy there tiger.  You have to understand we must be very tactful in dealing with Aussie sensibilities in these parts.

That said - you seem to have alternate avenues to get whatever information you're after.  And since you've almost certainly burned down the bridge you came in on best jump back in the water, swim back to shore and take that fork in the road to LA.

• Matt said:
    So you jump on forums, to get a dollar value about stuff you don't know about?

And you are not a poster collector.

And we have treated you like a crackhead?....with cheeseburgers?   a menace you say?

Fuck it..I think we should keep this thread open.

I jump on forums to learn stuff about the items I find, In this case i was more interested in learning about the demand of my items and less the numbers because those are fairly easy to find. I have already gotten a good grasp from some of the reading I did, I get up to speed very quick. Also I go on here to see what your collector communities are like, Im involved in many forums for things I do not "collect". How many posters do I have to keep in order to be a "collector" anyway? 
    And yes, my treatment here is a bit rude, a whole lot of assumptions were made, and its reflects poor on your forum as a whole. Im sure im not the only person who comes here and rolls my eyes at the way you guys handle posts. I goto Military forums with ww2 coats and medals and stuff I do not collect, and its much more valuable than posters and folks are kind, polite and helpful and never accuse me of trying to set up shop on there forum to sell. I avoid selling to you forum folks because you think you know so much that you pay so little, your so immersed in your world you forget about regular folk.

David said:
    Geeze, welcome to the forum...if I made an error in thinking you were selling then I apologise, it's an easy error to make because when I scrolled through your many Instagram posts I find you are happy to sell anything should anyone want to buy, the fact you don't put a for sale sign on it does not mean you are not selling.

If you read my post I also offered you advice on how to get a better idea on the value of your items, if value is something you are keen to find out about because showing us a one card and saying there is is a pile underneath is not really the best way for us to "share some info"

BTW - selling is not a crime.
    Your reaching, You went to my Instagram and then made an assumption. they are indeed for sale, but im not selling them on here or my IG, and did not come here with sales intentions. I already new the link you showed me, I can find out much on my own, im not new to this by any means, I came here seeing what info would be forthcoming, but your not that type of board I have learned. 
    Charlie said:
    So how much do you want for the stack of lobbies? Need more pictures...
    Oh yeah, im just going to sell them as a lot for chump change........  8-| 

CSM said:

Easy there tiger.  You have to understand we must be very tactful in dealing with Aussie sensibilities in these parts.

That said - you seem to have alternate avenues to get whatever information you're after.  And since you've almost certainly burned down the bridge you came in on best jump back in the water, swim back to shore and take that fork in the road to LA.

I came in here and friendly enough, Its you guys who give off the snooty vibe, Like I explained before, I goto many forums with items I find and usually its not like this, I don't know if its just this forum or because your Australian or what, but I am a part of a ton of boards for things I don't collect and I am valued there because I find stuff folks think is awesome to look at and they like to talk about, Nobody Is hung up about me not collecting Nintendo games on a Nintendo forum, And people are nice enough that I stick around and read posts and learn stuff. same with about 40 other forums im a member of. I noticed the only other poster board Is dead, so maybe its your community that has this attitude? I don't know, but go read around your own posts, this place isn't welcoming.

• igotpolo said:
     I noticed the only other poster board Is dead, so maybe its your community that has this attitude? I don't know, but go read around your own posts, this place isn't welcoming.
    Yep Anthony, poster collectors are not very welcoming. In fact, they're all a bunch of f*ckers, always trying to take advantage of others. Australian ones are hard to comunicate to -they're barely human-. Canadians... they're supposed to be good guys, but are really a bunch of smart asses. And don't even get me started on south americans.... those collect in their free time, when they aren't peddling dope or shooting their guns in the air.
  • Lol i love this shit. Anthony welcome and dont be so sensitive. Everyone here is actually really friendly and extremely knowledgable. So dont make assumptions either. PS Go suck a dick for a cheeseburger! :-SS Just kidding but really though you are selling them. I doubt you are a jerry lewis fan. So why give a shit what thread they are in. Ok go earn that burger cuz you seem hungry and cranky. Peace!
  • 110x75 said:

igotpolo said:
     I noticed the only other poster board Is dead, so maybe its your community that has this attitude? I don't know, but go read around your own posts, this place isn't welcoming.
    Yep Anthony, poster collectors are not very welcoming. In fact, they're all a bunch of f*ckers, always trying to take advantage of others. Australian ones are hard to comunicate to -they're barely human-. Canadians... they're supposed to be good guys, but are really a bunch of smart asses. And don't even get me started on south americans.... those collect in their free time, when they aren't peddling dope or shooting their guns in the air.
    And don't get him started on the Brits.....
  • edited March 2015
    igotpolo said:
    You went to my Instagram and then made an assumption. they are indeed for sale, but im not selling them on here or my IG, 
    Of course I made the assumption, I assumed because you are happy to sell everything you post (so it appears) then the LCs must be for sale and it looks like I assumed right. The 'Latest Acquisitions' thread is where other collectors like to post what they have purchased/traded or stolen (in the case of the Canadians) to add to their collection, the fact is there was no indication in your post you were actually a collector so you should be thanking me for putting it here, but you're probably are too shy to - so, you're welcome. 

And given you post to sell, saying they are not for sale 'here' is about as believable as you saying something like...
    igotpolo said:
    I get up to speed very quick.
    Personally I'd bet a pound of Mel to a pinch of salt that of those 40 other forums you are a member of and posted to 'asking for information' you've probably made a sale, like I said selling isn't a crime.

Think of this thread as your personal 12 step program, the first step is admitting you are a seller, when you've done that a group hug will follow.
  • Why did you assume I would offer chump change?   [-(

You can keep your lobbies and your Nikes...
  • Paul said:

And don't get him started on the Brits.....

• David said:
    collectors like to post what they have purchased/traded or stolen (in the case of the Canadians) to add to their collection,

:))
  • edited March 2015
    igotpolo said:
    These are not re-releases, I pulled them out of a big box someone had in a attic until they died from old age. 

Yes, we collectors all know that a big box in the attic is a sure sign the posters and LCs are 100% originals.

Except the top one straight away is NOT an original, that LC was never part of the original set, in addition all the distributor and picture information is different to the original, so at best it's a re-release, at worst they're copies/reprints. The fact that you have a pile that were found together and one of them is not from 1936 like you are suggesting and the next is from the 60s might indicate the rest are the same (date/era) even though they "came out of a big box someone had in a attic until they died from old age" - so, they are probably worth the chump change you paid for it. Stick to selling Polos.
  • Ah shit did we scare him away?  And the fun was just beginning...
  • Presumption is the mother of all f ups.

We presumed he was a seller.

He presumed we were nice folk.
    ^#(^
  • And he presumed he would get all the answers related to his fool's gold find without actually asking a question
  • CSM said:
    Ah shit did we scare him away?  And the fun was just beginning...
    I blame the aussies
  • edited March 2015
    110x75 said:
    CSM said:
    Ah shit did we scare him away?  And the fun was just beginning...
    I blame the aussies
  • Sadly this person has just unsubscribed himself, reasons: "Your not a friendly community, I don't want to be a part of it."

• How many members are there in the forum?
  • CSM said:
    Sadly?
    I can't spell gleeefilly

John said:
    How many members are there in the forum?
    The latest newsletter went to well over 400 members, only 21 of them bounced and only one unsubscribed.
  • My mistake he unsubscribed (then we must of banned him, so he couldn't return)

We forgot to thank him for a funny thread!