Lumiere Poster Restoration

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Glass Key - Before

• Glass Key - After

• edited April 2015
    Forbidden Planet - Before

• Forbidden Planet - After

• Now that is pure magic...Amazing transformation Chris! Gotta be pleased... and of course those posters are knock out !
  • Excellent resto works there Chris. Although im actually surprised you didn't choose to go with Dario, with him being in Canada too.
  • Ohhh they look fantastic now. Congrats Chris!

NOW send'em back to their rightful countries

:P
  • Wow! Great looking paper & amazing restoration! :-bd
  • Yup, that's nice work - gotta be happy with that. Grats!
  • I so glad you looked after The Glass Key, so worthy of resto.... a big thumbs up ^:)^
  • I said it once, I will say twice (on record!) I think this is a good resto job. Congrats Chris!!
  • Lumiere just finished another poster for me a Dad's Army British Quad should have it back in a few weeks from Hollywood Poster Frames.

• Hi, 'Goldeneye' - lovely posters. Are you still looking for an exceptional copy of Dr Who & The Daleks quad? Please drop me a line at info@picturepalacemovieposters.co.uk. Thanks
  • mabttp said:
    Hi, 'Goldeneye' - lovely posters. Are you still looking for an exceptional copy of Dr Who & The Daleks quad? Please drop me a line at. Thanks
    Hi Mark,

You might want to handle this type of communication through the personal message function with the forum.  Let's not clog up a restoration thread with solicitations...
  • edited April 2015
    Yup, we keep things seemly round these h'ar parts...

• Finally back from Mario and Hollywood Poster Frames. Did a great job on this one.image
  • Wow, that is superb.
  • I had Mario restore my All Through The Night 3 sheet, which is in the Show Me The Restoration part of the site and I have nothing but great things to say about him. The man has magic in his hands, he turned garbage into gold and at a very reasonable price. I will be using his services for years to come. 
  • I just had the following two James Bond one sheets linen backed by Lumiere Poster Restoration and was very pleased with the results.  Keep in mind that this is the first time I've had any of my posters linen backed so I haven't had the experience of using another linen backer / restorer.  Mario was very polite and professional and I was very happy with the service he provided.

Another thing I like was how he provides a full quote for linen backing and restoration.  Some of the places I quoted with would provide an estimated linen backing price, but preferred to have the poster in hand before providing an additional restoration estimate.  I don't object to that, but personally prefer to know the entire estimate before going through the effort of mailing out the poster.

Thanks, Mario!

• edited September 2016
    Just starting on a new restoration project with Lumiere Restoration. On my Batman 66 poster. The poster is in rough shape for my tastes and has some damage throughout the poster.
  • Superb poster, looking forward to the results.

Do they provide progress photos?
  • I had Mario restore my All Through The Night 3 sheet, which is in the Show Me The Restoration part of the site and I have nothing but great things to say about him. The man has magic in his hands, he turned garbage into gold and at a very reasonable price. I will be using his services for years to come. 
    Absolutely love that film. And great posters too.  Maybe you could share a pic? And good to know he did a good job! 
  • David said:
    Superb poster, looking forward to the results.

Do they provide progress photos?
    Not from my experience, but that is probably because Hollywood Poster Frames acts as my middle man.
  • Just got this back tonight. The poster was in what I call in comics a well loved condition before. Essentially missing some pieces, tears in a few parts, and some nasty fading. The poster was linenbacked and received a color bump to help put some color back in from the fading.
  • O for Awesome!
  • Yeah baby, that rocks!