Skip to content

Trying to post to the forum via my Tablet

Sorry, more pot stirring from me.

I was browsing the forum from my tablet (Android not apple), and when I tried to post, I found it impossible.

Every time I scrolled down to the comments box, it would just scroll right back up to the top of the thread...I'd tap back into the comments thread, it would scroll right back up, kicking me out of that box.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

BTW, I know this is in the wrong section, but for the life of me I can't find where it belongs...TOO MANY SUB CATEGORIES!

Comments

• It doesn't work well for me on the iphone either...  You can read but posting images is a bit rough.  What would be neat is if we could post directly from the photos in your phone...  It also logs me out every time I change cell towers or something.  I must log in 3-5 times a day on my phone and only once a quarter on the desktop.  David is in charge of that kind of stuff and has done a great job so far...

• I'll have a look, I use an Android phone to post from when away from my PC and have never been logged out; I'll have a look at the site on my Tablet although it is an Apple...

However, as these are individual issues raised it could be isolated does anyone else (excluding Paul ;) ) experience similar?
  • This is a post from the iPad, no scrolling issue. If someone can post ex a Tablet and describe any issues.
  • Oh I've never tried from my phone...will do that tonight when I get a chance...Good thinking, as it's Android too.
  • Well that Worked from the phone. Tomorrow will try a different browser on the tablet.
  • Hmm fiddley on phone too If using full site version
  • It should switch to mobile version when on the phone, can you confirm it is for you, it is on my Samsung.
  • I've all Apple devices-desktop, tablet, & phone. All posting & viewing images works fine. Image posting though much better since I started using photobucket. Those who remember back to Oct/Nov I had a terrible time w uploading images straight from iPhone! ~X( ...lotta sprained necks!!! :D
  • lol...ahhh the good old with Mark's sideways pictures.

=))
  • Yes...with Chris threatening legal action from neck pain it was a rough start!... #-o ....thankfully haven't had a posting faux pas in months! <:-P
  • David said:
    It should switch to mobile version when on the phone, can you confirm it is for you, it is on my Samsung.

Yep, it does and all works fine in the mobile mode.  If you switch to the full version things go pear shaped.

I tried the tablet again.  When I click in the comments box, the keypad comes up, but once I click on something to type, it disappears!

I tried chrome, and its worse...won't bring up the keypad at all. 

The problem is not with posting pictures, it with posting anything.

Would love to know if anyone else using an android powered tablet gets the same, or it's just me so I can look at firmware or software upgrades...

• Ahhh, well when on a mobile it is best to look at it using the mobile version (which automatically switches on), full versions are for PCs, and definitely pear shaped will happen. We are the only forum designed for the mobile. ;)

Not sure on the Android tablet issue, unless someone else here can view with the same. Will head in to JBs (dammit) on the week-end and see how it looks.
  • David said:

Not sure on the Android tablet issue, unless someone else here can view with the same. Will head in to JBs (dammit) on the week-end and see how it looks.
    Nah don't bother.  Will be going to my sisters some time this weekend and she has an android one too.  Will try it there and see what is what...
  • No, it will be an effort but I will take one for the team and go to JB-Hi Fi.
  • Yes...with Chris threatening legal action from neck pain it was a rough start!... #-o ....thankfully haven't had a posting faux pas in months! <:-P
    I never did receive my compensation.  Knew I should have hired a better lawyer!

• CSM said:
    Yes...with Chris threatening legal action from neck pain it was a rough start!... #-o ....thankfully haven't had a posting faux pas in months! <:-P
    I never did receive my compensation.  Knew I should have hired a better lawyer!

Love it! Jackie Chiles! ...Tobacco company?!! You say Tobacco company?!!! :D ...They're real, and they're spectacular! :P
  • And?
  • My testing is ongoing.  I'll let you know when I am done...two more tablets to try..
  • Two more tablets? Is this a medical thing?.....I just use a credit card and a straw. :-/
  • Has anyone see Ves lately? She said she would be testing on Androids...
  • So I think that it is my version of ie on my tablet...chrome wont let me post on any device, and our android versions are the same.   Only difference I can see is internet version...so not an android issue.
  • I found proof of my logging on issues.  If you look at my stats on my profile, I have had to log in 359 times or "visits" compared to say Matt at 3 and David at 11...
  • It's those Aussie servers!  But they don't like Ves either so they must be misogynist Aussie servers
  • The server is in the US...
  • David said:
    The server is in the US...
    Alright, alright let's just blame David then