Skip to content

Charlie's New Studio Thread...

Comments

• David said:
    Who's running the pool for how soon those wind-chimes get ripped from their pozzy?  :D
    They've been up for about 3 years now.  They were my late grandmothers.  I gave her one every year at Christmas and she gave them back a couple years before she passed.  So they are going on 10 years old or so...  There is a big one to the right and another one that sounds like the bells of Notre dame to the left (not shown).  I did finally lose one a while back as the string were rotten and it was a hopeless case to try and fix. I take them down before high wind event when I can.

I am sure they annoy the hell out of my neighbors but they can be very relaxing with a gentle breeze...
  • Looks nice! With convenient drainage decking! :D ...is it 4x4 or 6x6?
    It 4x5 at the moment.  It's my old inside table.  I want to expand it but with all the small stuff I need to do, why waste it.
  • Should be more bullet holes in those Texan road signs
  • CSM said:
    Should be more bullet holes in those Texan road signs
    hahaha
  • Going to blow your mind tomorrow...
  • edited July 2015
    Shouldn't need too much black powder for mine...
  • Charlie said:
    Going to blow your mind tomorrow...
    Is that done through the ears??
  • Well, guess I am going to have to back something this week...

• That is a Fog quad on the farthest table; for scale...
  • Wowee...impressive Charlie!  Well done.  May there be many happy and fruitful hours of backing and restoration for you guys!
  • The neat part is that the first (white) and third section are on wheels.  The middle section (white) is a table built to stand alone or sit on a ledge extending from the first table.  So at any time, I could separate all three tables to have three independent work spaces.
  • Nice set up,Charlie! A lot of workspace with room to move around the table! :-bd ....I've been working this summer to get my room cleaned up when I've been home, lotta work involved! Your flat files integrated into table supports seals the deal for using space wisely! :D
  • =D>
  • wow, that is one helluva a man's cave.

You must be very pleased!
  • Well I had to see if I could still ride a bike before tackling Matt's Daybills... I guess linenbacking is sorta like riding a bike... 

image:D
  • I was gonna say, who in the right mind would pay to have that backed!
  • I was gonna say, who in the right mind would pay to have that backed!
    Matt and "right mind" don't really go together very well
  • Hey now! That's my prized daybill guys...
  • Very rare rolled Bush Christmas if I am not mistaken...

CSM said:
    I was gonna say, who in the right mind would pay to have that backed!
    Matt and "right mind" don't really go together very well
    Ain't that the truth =))
  • Xmas card list has just been revised...........

• edited July 2015
    Matt said:

Xmas card list has just been revised...........

Well that makes just one left on it now isn't there? Not like you spend too much on cards anyway...

:D

• You must be retired old man because ya got way too much time on your hands. :-w

• I am unemployed after 5pm most Fridays...
  • and the same Einstein reemploys you most Mondays?
  • Matt stop sending mail to yourself - will be very confusing for the Oz post folks and posters may go missing as a result
  • Well, I fell off the bike on the way.  I think I got to smart for my own good.  Tried a new bleaching method and now Bush Christmas gave me a gift I didn't want...     #-o

Wheat paste ain't sticking...  David, you think that was oil on the poster or just foxing???
  • Oh no...so rare, it was the only rolded unfolded Bush Christmas on the planet! Would say almost 100% foxing, came in a pile of others (assorted titles) some with and some without and varying degrees of it.
  • Charlie said:
    Well, I fell off the bike on the way.  I think I got to smart for my own good.  Tried a new bleaching method and now Bush Christmas gave me a gift I didn't want...     #-o

Wheat paste ain't sticking...  David, you think that was oil on the poster or just foxing???
    I think I got it figured...  There are two rather large air returns in the new studio.  I had taken the vents covers off during the remodel and really liked the air flow.  I just now realized that one of these vents was blowing directly onto the the poster where I was working. Perhaps drying it too fast before I ever put in on the masa...  I noticed this after ruining a cheap experiment poster during paper backing.  The one side just curled up, while the other lay nice and flat.   I've pasted another one tonight (a 1950's Oldsmobile ad for Mark) and moved it in the other room where I use to dry the posters. Fingers crossed... 
  • Charlie said: 
    I just now realized that one of these vents was blowing directly onto the the poster where I was working. Perhaps drying it too fast before I ever put in on the masa...  

Very interesting! My poster room has a fan in it which I use when I'm in there or I use after ive just backed a poster to help dry-but after my first 2 posters I turned it off as I felt it was drying  the paste too quickly before i could apply it to the masa or poster.