Skip to content

As well as starting to walk

As you all know we celebrated 12 months (as a forum) back in April, I also noticed a few other interesting stats. Bear with me...

• If you type Vintage Movie Posters into Google we rank the number one vintage movie poster forum - about #36 in the actual rankings, but still...
  • Yes, you could search for Movie Poster Forum - but for the life of me I can't see why anyone would think ot type that
  • We've banned over 300 users...spammers
  • We're not that far from our 200th actual (legitimate) signup
  • We reached a milestone a couple of months ago of 500,000 page views and we've also had over 1,000 discussions and in excess of 20,000 comments
  • Now, 500K in page views might not sound like much, but in the early days we were just getting going so naturally the numbers will be low but as we gathering steam we are averaging around 50,000 page views and over 2,000 comments per month - and increasing
  • Some of our most popular discussions of ALL time (as in the most VIEWS) have been (and despite the sad lack of comments, there is no way would anyone have guessed the #2)

And in the past month some of out more popular (most views of all time) discussions have been:

<td style="margin: 0px; padding: 4px 6px 4px 0px; border-width
Popular DiscussionsCommentsFollowsViews
Recent hangings...38103,281
The Eisenhower Linenbacking Experience...20601,201
Mark's Collection18401,161
Dating the Wonder Man One Sheet1150

Comments

• Mark clearly has a fan base!
  • Sven said:
    Mark clearly has a fan base!
    I know! But his grandma is getting RSI
  • We need more nudity threads
  • 110x75 said:
    We need more nudity threads
    And the calendar to compliment
  • David said:
    Sven said:
    Could be the Butler!
  • hahaha
  • Clearly recent executions are a popular google search
  • edited July 2015
    Good news our social pages also ranks highly when searching for Forums (#6 for our Twitter site and #9 for our FB page)
  • Sven said:
    David said:
    Sven said:
    Could be the Butler!

Actually I'm teaching our cat Simon how to use the mouse! He's quite good at it! ;)
  • 50,000 page views & 2k comments/month are good #'s! Even over the summer when many are on vacation! Oops! Wait a minute! I forgot that it's a bit cold down under! :> :D
  • 50,000 page views & 2k comments/month are good #'s! Even over the summer when many are on vacation! Oops! Wait a minute! I forgot that it's a bit cold down under! :> :D
    It's all Chris, he talks too much!

It's all Chris, he talks too much!
    You guys are the only ones who at least pretend to listen to me
  • CSM said:
    You guys are the only ones who at least pretend to listen to me
    What?
  • Speak up Chris...We can't hear you.
  • edited July 2015