Skip to content

Missing 1950's and 1960's Horror & Sci-FI daybill images.

Comments

• HONDO said:
    Rick said:
    has anyone seen a Black Christmas daybill?
    This is a much later film than which I had planned to discuss. Nevertheless the film was passed by the Australian censor in 1976. The applicant was Cinecenta Films a small independent distributor. I can remember only sighting one daybill produced by them which was an uninspiring duotone poster. Cinecenta Films probably produced a daybill of some sort but probably in only limited numbers knowing the release would only be limited.

The great horror poster god says if you mean this film then yes, they exist:

This looks familiar...
  • edited August 2015
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:

Three films that come under the category of Horror or Sci-Fi that no daybill images appear to have surfaced are --

Jack The Ripper ( 1959 version ) ( Blake )

Valley Of The Dragons ( 1961 ) ( Columbia )

Carnival of Souls ( 1962 ) Cult film that I'm surprised hasn't surfaced. It was screened as a double bill in Sydney in the 1960's with The Devi'ls Messenger which starred Lon Chaney which has been sighted. Both films were distributed in Australia by RFD ( Regent Film Distributors ).

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has daybills for any of these titles or has ever sighted them.

I'm inquiring about are out there somewhere.

Does anyone else like to list any titles that appear missing?

Hondo

Let's add  to the list -   

The Monster That Challenged The World ( 1957 ) ( United Artists ) that  John mentioned on the Missing Daybills  thread.

Captive Women ( 1952 ) ( RKO  Radio )

The Four Skulls Of Jonathan Drake ( 1959 ) ( United Artists}

Another to add -

Macumba Love ( 1960 )  ( United Artists )

Macumba Love exists; I'm sure I've got a daybill tucked away. If memory serves, I bought it from John Reid. If I can't find an image I think he'd have one.

• This is all I have seen on Repulsion. Not sure if anything else exists.

• edited August 2015

Thanks John for the two images.

Although not credited the Repulsion is most likely the Blake Films daybill and is probably the only one printed in their style of poster for that period of time that Blake films advertising budget allowed.

The Macumba Love poster I will make two remarks. The image of Ziva Rodann looks nothing like her and the daybill  image is lame compared to the attached U.S. insert image.

On saying that it is always great to see daybill images of titles not sighted previously. At least it is for me.

• edited August 2015
    HONDO said:

List of found images to date.

Gigantis, The Fire Monster ( image supplied by Rick ) 

Macumba Love ( image supplied by John )

Monster That Challenged The World, The  ( image supplied by Rick ) ( image on Missing daybills thread )

Repulsion ( image supplied by John )

• Rick would you mind posting your The Monster That Challenged The World image here on this thread as well so we also have an image here ?
  • edited August 2015
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:

Another title to add to our list -

The Last Man On Earth ( 1964 ) ) Banned in Australia in 1964 but passed for exhibition in 1972 ( CUC Films Australia )

Still another one raised by Sven on another thread -

Man With The X-Ray Eyes ( aka X ) ( 1963 ) Most likely banned in Australia originally but was screened in Australia in 1972 and possibly even earlier.

Still another - Varan The Unbelievable ( 1962 ) ( Blake )

And also - Panic In Year Zero ( 1962 ) ( Blake )

Plus The Twonky ( 1953 ) ( United Artists )

&     Repulsion ( 1965 ) ( Blake )

also  From The Earth To The Moon (1958 ) ( Australian release 1964 ) ( M- G-M )

I  need to add to our main lists -Gigantis, The Fire Monster  ( 1959 ) ( Australia 1960 ) ( Warner Bros.)

• HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:

The Last Man On Earth ( 1964 ) ) Banned in Australia in 1964 but passed for exhibition in 1972 ( CUC Films Australia )

Man With The X-Ray Eyes ( aka X ) ( 1963 ) Most likely banned in Australia originally but was screened in Australia in 1972 and possibly even earlier.

I  need to add to our main lists -Gigantis, The Fire Monster  ( 1959 ) ( Australia 1960 ) ( Warner Bros.)

Also to add - The Last Woman On Earth ( 1960 )  ( Regent )

The Terror ( 1963 ) ( Regent )

The Hands Of Orlac ( 1960 ) ( BEF )

Wheel Of Fire ( aka Pyro The Thing Without a Face ) (1964 ) ( Paramount )  The only image sighted is an extremely small image so a normal size image would be appreciated.

• edited August 2015
    Here's Monster as requested...well sort-of.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f313/elvis57/045_zpskfoqvkce.jpg

•                                                                                                               Thanks Rick for your effort but here is the image for those who like things presented immediately. Hope you don't mind ?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
  • thanks, much appreciated
  • Above post edited by me as Rick sucks at posting images.
  • edited August 2015
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:

Wheel Of Fire ( aka Pyro The Thing Without a Face ) (1964 ) ( Paramount )  The only image sighted is an extremely small image so a normal size image would be appreciated.

Flight That Disappeared ( 1961 ) ( United Artists )

Another added to the master lists.---

Flight That Disappeared ( 1961)

• HONDO said:

HONDO said:

Corridors Of Blood  (1958 ) ( Australian release 1963 ) ( MGM )

Ghost Ship ( 1952 ) ( Australian release 1961) ( Regent )

Devil Girl From Mars ( 1954 ) ( London Films )

Three more added to master lists ---

Corridors Of Blood ( 1958 ), Ghost Ship ( 1952 )  & Devil Girl From Mars ( 1954 ).

Of the 23 films on the master lists only four images so far have been made available for all to see. As I have mentioned on various threads there are a lot of daybill posters unseen by many so hopefully by listing titles some of them may turn up soon.

• I am 99.9% sure I have seen a daybill for Ghost Ship but no image I'm afraid...
  • Thanks Ves. Please keep looking. Found a few more titles I will add to the master list shortly.
  • I'm 99% sure that I've got a daybill for 'Corridors of Blood'.
  • Pancho said:
    I'm 99% sure that I've got a daybill for 'Corridors of Blood'.

Find it please as I would love to see it.
  • HONDO said:

HONDO said:

HONDO said:

First Man Into Space ( 1959 ) ( MGM ) 

The Fabulous World Of Jules Verne ( 1958 ) ( Australian release 1963 ) ( Blake )

Corridors Of Blood ( 1958 ), Ghost Ship ( 1952 )  & Devil Girl From Mars ( 1954 ).

Of the 23 films on the master lists only four images so far have been made available for all to see. As I have mentioned on various threads there are a lot of daybill posters unseen by many so hopefully by listing titles some of them may turn up soon.

Two more added to master lists ---

First Man Into Space & The Fabulous World of Jules Verne

• I am 99.9% sure I have seen a daybill for Ghost Ship but no image I'm afraid...

I take this back...I was thinking of a different film...just realised you were talking about the '52 film...sorry to put false hope out there.
  • Thanks. Great poster.
  • I'm excited that I had one of the missing daybills! And it's a daybill that is better than the U.S. insert. Keep the missing posters coming!
  • Pancho said:
    I'm excited that I had one of the missing daybills! And it's a daybill that is better than the U.S. insert. Keep the missing posters coming!

I certainly aim to. There are a couple of obscure films released by Blake Films that I only have the title and date released in Australia for that are being hard to identify and also a title that was released at film festivals but appears it missed out on a commercial release and if so there will not be any daybill poster.Pity if this is the case as it a very well known French film and there are bound to be others I have yet to identify. Still lots of research with cross checking to do. 
  • I also have a one sheet for Corridors of Blood. I will post the image when I find it.
  • Thanks and looking forward in sighting it.
  • HONDO said:
    HONDO said:

HONDO said:

HONDO said:

First Man Into Space ( 1959 ) ( MGM ) 

The Fabulous World Of Jules Verne ( 1958 ) ( Australian release 1963 ) ( Blake )

The Neanderthal Man  ( 1953 ) ( United artists )

Phantom From Space  ( 1953 ) ( United Artists )

Space Men ( 1960 ) ( Australian release 1963 ) ( Blake )

Two more added to master lists ---

First Man Into Space & The Fabulous World of Jules Verne

The Neanderthal Man, Phantom From Space, & Space Men.

• Phantom from Space daybill

• Corridors of Blood one sheet