Skip to content

The Cooking Thread

Comments

• Sunday lunch during NFL football. Home made French Bread pizza with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, fresh mushrooms, salami & white onions. A side salad with oil & vinegarette dressing side.  And an ice cold bottle of  Heineken!  :)

• edited October 2015
    I agree guys! Pizza, beer & our weather is finally cooling off! 
  • Tasty!
  • Alright! Rabbit Food.

Kale, couscous, Red Onion,Tomatoes, Cucumber, Artichoke, roasted Red pepper, Avocado and Sun flower seeds.
    Tossed in Balsamic/Virgin Oil.

Cheap and Healthy dinner.

Best,
    dario.

• and Vegan...
  • Dario said:
    Alright! Rabbit Food.

Kale, couscous, Red Onion,Tomatoes, Cucumber, Artichoke, roasted Red pepper, Avocado and Sun flower seeds.
    Tossed in Balsamic/Virgin Oil.

Cheap and Healthy dinner.

Best,
    dario.

Looks good---I usually need some meat, but been trying to go more healthy as I "age" more...love the artichoke hearts, red peppers & avecados! 
  • Me too. Slowly getting less meat incorporated.

dario.
  • OMG, can you say yum? With the right pastry it'd be Vegan for the wife - must get her-indoors to make these!

• just watched it on FB.

Clever and tasty!

dario.
  • Oktoberfest Stew! With a baget & New Belgium Fat Tire beer! Great during the cold, rainy weather!

• Oktoberfest Stew! With a baget & New Belgium Fat Tire beer! Great during the cold, rainy weather!

Looks like tasty hearty food!! What type of beer is the fat tire..pilsner, wheat, lager? Enjoy Mark! Nice warm weather today in melbourne. Took the kids out to a cafe that has a cubby house!
  • Thx Sven-Fat Tire is an amber ale. Not too hoppy-5.2% & Just right for the stew. 

Cafe during warm weather sounds like the ticket! Our kids enjoy eating outside also. 

What is a cubby house, though?
  • Thx Sven-Fat Tire is an amber ale. Not too hoppy-5.2% & Just right for the stew. 

Cafe during warm weather sounds like the ticket! Our kids enjoy eating outside also. 

What is a cubby house, though?
    Nice beer enjoy! 

Ah cubby house is a small play house for kids. What do u guys call them there? 
  • We usually call them a, play area, kids area, etc. Whatever it's called, when it gives the wife & I a short break, it's good! :)
  • Home NFL team in a playoff game tonight so some grilled meat & homemade salsa in store. 
    Marinated Carne Asada

Coals are ready...

The meat is on!

• Up next, Salsa! Fresh sweet peppers & 2 jalapeños fresh from a neighbors garden do the trick to add some needed heat! 

Salsa ready! Some cerveza helps wash it all down! =)

• Yum yum Mark, love taste of grilled meat! Thx for sharing! May i ask whats in the marinade
  • I'm hungry now...delish
  • edited January 2016
    Sven-
          It's the wife's recipe but here's what she divulged... ;)
    -lemon & lime juice
    -cumin & fresh garlic cloves 
    -soy sauce & olive oil
    -chopped chipotle peppers & chili powder
    -oregano, black pepper & fresh chopped cilantro
    ---marinated for at least 24-36 hrs to allow meat to absorb...
    -then grilled over charcoal coals...

*We use the meat to make soft tacos with corn tortillas. It hits the spot during football season. It's been a cold & wet Dec & Jan here in AZ, but grilling is still a lot of fun. 

• Congrats on the win Mark!
  • Charlie said:
    Congrats on the win Mark!
    Thanks, Charlie! The game had it's share of calls/non-calls & crazy plays, but a big win for Cardinals! Up next Seahawks at home or Carolina on the road. 
  • Thx for recipe Mark!
  • Looks like a nice feed!
  • Sven said:
    Thx for recipe Mark!
    Sure! =)

David said:
    Looks like a nice feed!
    Thanks. It was actually the first time I've grilled Carne, but it turned out good! :tongue:
  • Thanks. It was actually the first time I've grilled Carne, but it turned out good! :tongue:

Always be careful how you spell it.

Carne is Italian for meat, Carn is Italian for dog...the 'e' is very important!
  • Simple, but satisfying & often overlooked evening drink.

Lemons have so many positive health benefits, so...in one if my glasses usually reserved for weekend drinks i put a large lemon slice, with ice cubes & water! ....a neighbors lemon tree hanging over our back wall helps with the supply! =)

Cheers!

• Lemon is good on pancakes and beef schnitzel 
  • A ribeye, mushrooms & bourbon.... =)

• Looks fantastic mark! ! :)