Skip to content

Where Are These Daybills?

Comments

• Thanks John and keep them coming. Not after The Great Race though as I have an image.
  • HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:

I am starting a list of film titles from the 1950s and 1960s only where there should be original Australian daybill images but to date none are available to view currently on the web.

Please supply images on this thread if or when you have access to them.

ACT OF LOVE

AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER

BABY FACE NELSON

BITTER SPRINGS

BROKEN LANCE

COMMAND, THE

CYRANO DE BERGERAC ( 1951 )

ELMER GANTRY ( IMAGE SINCE POSTED BY JOHN )

ENCHANTED ISLAND  ( IMAGE SINCE POSTED BY JOHN )

FLIGHT FROM ASHIYA ( IMAGE SINCE POSTED BY JOHN )

FOUR DAYS IN NOVEMBER

FROM THE TERRACE

GIGI

GLENROWAN AFFAIR, THE

HOME FROM THE HILL

JOHNNY CONCHO  ( IMAGE SINCE POSTED BY JOHN )

KISS ME DEADLY

LIVING IDOL, THE

MOLLY ( IMAGE SINCE POSTED BY JOHN )

MAKE HASTE TO LIVE

MARAUDERS, THE ( 1955 )

MURDER IS MY BEAT

MY GUN IS QUICK

NEVER SO FEW

NINE HOURS TO RAMA

NIGHT CLUB ( rare Australian film  from 1952 given a very limited release )

OKLAHOMA! ( THE RKO 1957 Australian Release )

RAT RACE, THE ( 1960 )

RIOT IN CELL BLOCK 11

SABU AND THE MAGIC RING

SCARED STIFF ( 1953 ) ( IMAGE SINCE SUPPLIED BY VES )

SECRET LIFE OF WALTER MITTY, THE ( Early 1960s probably 1962 RR )

SHADOW OF THE BOOMERANG, THE

SAYONARA  ( IMAGE SINCE SUPPLIED BY JOHN )

SHANGHAI STORY, THE

SOME CAME RUNNING

SPRING REUNION

SUN SHINES BRIGHT, THE

TEN SECONDS TO HELL

VALERIE

WILD RIVER

X-15

More to be added.

Just added to the  above master list Baby Face Nelson, Bitter Springs ( the W.E.Smith original ) & Night Club.

A late entry in  Johnny Concho.

Another ten and a few important titles included.

Cyrano De Bergerac, Elmer Gantry, Flight From Ashiya, From The Terrace, Nine Hours To Rama, The Rat Race, Spring Reunion, Ten Seconds To Hell, Valerie & Wild River. All added to master list above.

More to add in  Oklahoma!, Scared Stiff, The Sun Shines Bright, X-15, The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty (RR), The Living Idol, Make Haste To Live & The Shanghai Story. All added to above master list.

Gigi, Home From The Hill and Four Days In November added to above master list.

• Someone please post a Kiss Me Deadly and also the address where it can be 'borrowed' from
  • The more I look into this subject and round up and combine my listings the more I am taken back by the large number of 1950s and 1960s daybills that I have never been able to find images of. I am not just talking about minor b films and foreign films released by independent distributors but major releases from the big studios. One would expect films up to the late 1940s to be in short supply but not as much the 1950s and  particularly not in the 1960s. From  the 42 listed so far only 7 titles have had images posted. 

I have countless others with stars such as James Cagney, Gary Cooper, Gregory Peck, Marlon Brando, Rita Hayworth, Charles Bronson, Debbie Reynolds, Deborah Kerr, Claudette Colbert and the list goes on and on. I don't mind gradually listing them as I enjoy doing it and hopefully some more images will surface.

• Thanks John. Great film that is rarely seen or remembered.
  • I have an Australian one sheet image for Ten Seconds to Hell. Is that of interest to you?
  • Thank you that would be great. The version shown on television within the last twelve months was a colourised version. MGM prints of  Red River are circulating around as well as the black & white original.
  • edited August 2015
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:

I am starting a list of film titles from the 1950s and 1960s only where there should be original Australian daybill images but to date none are available to view currently on the web.

ACT OF LOVE

AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER

BABY FACE NELSON

BITTER SPRINGS

BROKEN LANCE

CAGED

COLDITZ STORY, THE

COMMAND, THE

CONQUEROR, THE

FOUR DAYS IN NOVEMBER

FRIENDLY PERSUASION ( IMAGE SINCE POSTED BY JOHN )

FROM THE TERRACE

GIGI

GLENROWAN AFFAIR, THE

HOME FROM THE HILL

KISS ME DEADLY

LIVING IDOL, THE

MAKE HASTE TO LIVE

MARAUDERS, THE ( 1955 )

MURDER IS MY BEAT

MY GUN IS QUICK

NEVER SO FEW

NINE HOURS TO RAMA

OUTCAST OF THE ISLANDS

RAT RACE, THE ( 1960 )

RIOT IN CELL BLOCK 11

SABU AND THE MAGIC RING

SHANGHAI STORY, THE

SOME CAME RUNNING

SPRING REUNION

SUN SHINES BRIGHT, THE

TAMMY

TEN SECONDS TO HELL

VALERIE

WHITE HEAT ( 1949 / Australia 1951 )

WILD RIVER ( IMAGE SINCE SUPPLIED BY JOHN )

X-15

More to be added.

Just added to the  above master list Baby Face Nelson, Bitter Springs ( the W.E.Smith original ) & Night Club.

Cyrano De Bergerac, Elmer Gantry, Flight From Ashiya, From The Terrace, Nine Hours To Rama, The Rat Race, Spring Reunion, Ten Seconds To Hell, Valerie & Wild River. All added to master list above.

More to add in  Oklahoma!, Scared Stiff, The Sun Shines Bright, X-15, The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty (RR), The Living Idol, Make Haste To Live & The Shanghai Story. All added to above master list.

The classic White Heat, The Colditz Story, Friendly Persuasion, Tammy, Outcast Of The Islands & Caged.

The Conqueror ( Craig has one which can only be viewed in an extremely small collection of John Wayne posters so please Craig oblige us with a large image.)

• John said:

Thanks John. Will be interesting to see what the daybill look like if one every turns up.
  • Thanks for Friendly Persuasion John.
  • HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:

ACT OF LOVE

AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER

BABY FACE NELSON

BITTER SPRINGS

BROKEN LANCE

CAGED

CALAMITY JANE

COLDITZ STORY, THE

COMMAND, THE

CONQUEROR, THE

FORTY GUNS

FOUR DAYS IN NOVEMBER

FROM THE TERRACE

GIGI

GLENROWAN AFFAIR, THE

HOME FROM THE HILL

KISS ME DEADLY

LIVING IDOL, THE

LOVE ME TENDER

MAKE HASTE TO LIVE

MARAUDERS, THE ( 1955 )

MURDER IS MY BEAT

MY GUN IS QUICK

NEVER SO FEW

NINE HOURS TO RAMA

OUTCAST OF THE ISLANDS

RAT RACE, THE ( 1960 )

RIOT IN CELL BLOCK 11

SABU AND THE MAGIC RING

SHANGHAI STORY, THE

SOME CAME RUNNING

SPRING REUNION

SUN SHINES BRIGHT, THE

TAMMY

TEN SECONDS TO HELL

VALERIE

X-15

More to be added.

The classic White Heat, The Colditz Story, Friendly Persuasion, Tammy, Outcast Of The Islands & Caged.

The Conqueror ( Craig has one which can only be viewed in an extremely small collection of John Wayne posters so please Craig oblige us with a large image.)

Calamity Jane, Forty Guns & Love Me Tender. Three important titles added above.

• Oh yeah...come to think of it, I don't think I've seen a daybill for Calamity Jane either...I quite like that movie...hope one turns up.
  • HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:
    HONDO said:

ACT OF LOVE

AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER

BABY FACE NELSON

BITTER SPRINGS

BROKEN LANCE

CAGED

CALAMITY JANE

COLDITZ STORY, THE

COMMAND, THE

CONQUEROR, THE

DIARY OF ANNE FRANK, THE

FORTY GUNS

FOUR DAYS IN NOVEMBER

FROM THE TERRACE

GIGI

GLENROWAN AFFAIR, THE

HOME FROM THE HILL

KISS ME DEADLY

LIVING IDOL, THE

LOVE ME TENDER

MAKE HASTE TO LIVE

MARAUDERS, THE ( 1955 )

MURDER IS MY BEAT

MY GUN IS QUICK

NEVER SO FEW

NINE HOURS TO RAMA

OUTCAST OF THE ISLANDS

RAT RACE, THE ( 1960 )

RIOT IN CELL BLOCK 11

SABU AND THE MAGIC RING

SHANGHAI STORY, THE

SOME CAME RUNNING

SPRING REUNION

SUN SHINES BRIGHT, THE

TAMMY

TEN SECONDS TO HELL

TIGER BAY

VALERIE

X-15

YOUNG LIONS, THE

More to be added.

Calamity Jane, Forty Guns & Love Me Tender. Three important titles added above.

The Diary Of Anne Frank, Tiger Bay & The Young Lions. Another three important titles added to the master list.

The list is growing with now 55 titles listed with only 9 found so far. I have hundreds more but I intend to only post from now on the more important titles.

• Love Me Tender, I wonder if Rick is chasing that one or has it?
  • The Diary of Anne Frank - Australian Daybill:

• Thanks Ves. I quite like it.
  • It is one of those posters that is much nicer in person. 
  • Matt said:
    Love Me Tender, I wonder if Rick is chasing that one or has it?
    I believe it's one of the few Elvis posters he's still missing.
  • photo image_zps0zhy54rdjpg

Thanks Craig. One of the rarest John Wayne posters.
  • i have the Love Me Tender Aussie one sheet but still need the daybill (and Blue Hawaii daybill if some generous soul happens to have one hiding in their collection)
  • An important film noir title I have just realised I cannot find a daybill image for is Night And The City from 1950. Anyone have one or has seen one ?
  • HONDO said:
    An important film noir title I have just realised I cannot find a daybill image for is Night And The City from 1950. Anyone have one or has seen one ?
    I've been asking the same question
  • Rick said:
    i have the Love Me Tender Aussie one sheet but still need the daybill (and Blue Hawaii daybill if some generous soul happens to have one hiding in their collection)
    I hope it was you rick that got the blue hawaii daybill!!! 

• Sven said:
    Rick said:
    i have the Love Me Tender Aussie one sheet but still need the daybill (and Blue Hawaii daybill if some generous soul happens to have one hiding in their collection)
    I hope it was you rick that got the blue hawaii daybill!!! 

Oh Oh...if not, I forsee a restless nights sleep!
  • um, what Blue Hawaii daybill? I saw the duotone version recently but I've got that one, I need the full colour original. Have I missed something!!!
  • Rick said:
    um, what Blue Hawaii daybill? I saw the duotone version recently but I've got that one, I need the full colour original. Have I missed something!!!
    I followed up after i posted and it was indeed the duotone..you can sleep now. But i would love to see one. I dont watch too much presley but have a soft spot for blue hawaii