Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

What is wrong with ebay??

JohnJohn Member, Dealer Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter

I have been selling on ebay since 1998 and it just amazes me that they continue to have so many ongoing problems.

Here is the latest.

1. A customer sent me a message to ask about purchasing a very expensive poster. The problem is that ebay blocks all replies to him because his userid looks like an email address and they don't like that. Of course, the customer gets upset because he thinks I am ignoring his messages but he doesn't know that his userid is blocked. Why don't they just get people to change their userids?

2. I get regular emails from people who tell me they can't add items to the cart when making multiple purchases. I finally found out that this happens when the items are listed on the Australian site but the customer finds them through another ebay site eg the UK ebay site. They end up paying for each item with postage separately and sellers have to go back and refund the additional postage charges and then try and claim the fees back on postage from ebay (in case you didn't know, ebay takes a cut on each postage charge).

These are just a couple of examples.

That's my OT rant for the day.

John

Comments