Skip to content

Daybills in foreign languages

Hi guys,

I just picked up this daybill from John. I've not seen many daybills that weren't printed in English - are there many out there?

$_57.JPG 244.1K

Comments

• First of all I am shocked by the moviemem snipe...
  • David said:
    First of all I am shocked by the moviemem snipe...
    My thoughts are with the patient 
  • I don't speak German but I get the gist of the movie.

Warning: Full movie follows

[spoiler] [/spoiler]
  • edited January 2016
    David said:
    First of all I am shocked by the moviemem snipe...

Quite understandable! The snipe has been painstakingly removed for your edification.

• In answer to Mark's question, it is very unusual indeed to have the text printed in German. I guess they just copied the poster directly from the German poster but not sure why they couldn't have translated the text to English -possibly just laziness. I cant think of any other posters that have text in another language but maybe Lawrence might know of something.
  •                                                                                                                                                                          John said:
    In answer to Mark's question, it is very unusual indeed to have the text printed in German. I guess they just copied the poster directly from the German poster but not sure why they couldn't have translated the text to English -possibly just laziness. I cant think of any other posters that have text in another language but maybe Lawrence might know of something.
    John is right as one can see the German poster above I have posted has been copied directly to the Australian daybill version. Why is anyones guess. The English dialogue caption is interesting though. The only other daybill I noticed many years ago was a daybill of an English language film with text printed in Italian which I cannot remember the name of. Thinking The Guns Of Navarone or even Barabbas but I cannot really remember. Someone had mentioned it had been printed especially for the large Italian population in Australia when the Ilalian language version was screened here .