Skip to content

EMP Weekly WTF????

Comments

• Almost Pretty Woman heights!
  • Never a pretty sight when one wakes up on auction day

• edited September 2015
    I avoid watching items I already own come up for auction, it's a recipe for depression...but the site is up and running now. I'm at peace... =)
  • Agreed! Whenever The Paleface comes up i follow it and think, damn, i paid a lot for mine!... :s
  • Nice. A lot of work went into creating that poster and possibly Bardot too.
  • So I bid $650 on the Black Swan B1... Sold for $675... I just couldn't pay more, it's not even a movie poster.  It's an ad for a magazine.  The odd thing was that the listing didn't indicate this and still called it a movie poster.  I am pretty sure Bruce knew this from an APF thread...  
  • I don't read every thread on every forum!

Why didn't you contact us as soon as you saw that? Since you wanted to buy it, that would have possibly helped you get it.

I see people point out mistakes in our auctions on forums, but rarely do they contact us directly until the auction is over.

We auction EVERY imaginable type of movie or poster collectible, and we CAN'T know everything. So PLEASE everyone contact us about them. If you feel it helps you to have the wrong information up until after the auction, then at least contact us after it ends.

Bruce

P.S. Sorry you missed the poster

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• My bad Bruce, I guess I am a bit sore since I've been waiting for it to pop up ever since Holiday sent off his stuff.  Plus it was only mentioned as being a magazine ad who really knows and yes there is no way for you to catch everything.  My apologies...  
  • I understand, Charlie. It is one of the single most frustrating things in the world when another bidder turns up who wants it at what you think is a sky high price.

But please, you and everyone else, either send us corrections while the auction is live, or right after it closes (if you think your added knowledge gives you a "competitive" edge), and please DO contact us directly, because I am much too busy to watch every topic on every forum!

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com

• That was a great result! Sorry you didn't get that one CHarlie...

• Seems Pinocchio is a magic puppet and can be for sale in two places at the same time:

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4129325

and the exact same one for sale here

http://www.cinemasterpieces.com/cine_P.htm
  • Go for the $1,295 one!

• Bet he can't supply it.
  • Bruce said:
    Go for the $1,295 one!
    =)
  • David said:
    Bet he can't supply it.
    Do you want to bet $1,295 he can?

=)

• Bruce said:
    David said:
    Bet he can't supply it.
    Do you want to bet $1,295 he can?

=)
    Unless you are telling me they are two entirely different pieces that remarkably have the same chip out of them then only if he bids and wins the one you're auctioning  :|
  • Sometimes more than one example of a poster are found together, one on top of the other, and they have virtually the exact same defects. I have seen this many times.

Another possibility is that someone consigned this to Dave, who added it to his site, and then it didn't sell, so the person got it back and consigned it to us, and Dave simply forgot to remove it from his site.

Another possibility is that Dave put it there to see if he could get a buyer, and if he does it will bid on it and sell it to that person, but that seems highly unlikely.

I am not at work, and don't know the answer myself. But of course, we keep ALL information about who consigns what completely confidential, unless the consignor themselves reveals it.

• Bruce said:
    Sometimes more than one example of a poster are found together, one on top of the other, and they have virtually the exact same defects. I have seen this many times.

This is true. Have a look at this one ....

http://www.moviemem.com/products/richardson-studio-daybills/the-hour-before-the-dawn-daybill-movie-poster-1944

and compare it to the one Bruce has up for auction ...

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4129285

The look very, very similar but .....

• I have a When World's Collide DB that's looks exactly like copy that Phil Edwards has with the same tear through the word "When"

• It is possible it is two the same but Dave advertises it as a 'special order' which means according to him he doesn't actually have it. "A Special Order poster is one that we do not currently have in stock that we make a special effort for you to acquire."

He has had that image on his site for some two years.

• edited January 2016
    David said:
    It is possible it is two the same but Dave advertises it as a 'special order' which means according to him he doesn't actually have it. "A Special Order poster is one that we do not currently have in stock that we make a special effort for you to acquire."

He has had that image on his site for some two years.

Yes, the fact that he doesn't have it does point to it being possibly the same poster - nothing wrong with that because Dave is just saying he would make a special effort to acquire it.

I have had discussions with various dealers about whether it is a good thing or not to have "special orders" or "check availability" against a poster that is not really for sale. Some have the view that if you put a poster like a 1932 Frankenstein one sheet on your site, even if you don't have it, it will drive traffic to you site. You just put "check availability" against it. I don't really like the idea but it does seem to work for others.

• John said:
    I don't really like the idea but it does seem to work for others.

Agree.
  • Bruce said:
    Sometimes more than one example of a poster are found together, one on top of the other, and they have virtually the exact same defects. I have seen this many times.

I think I remember Kirk Hammet's argentinean London After Midnight poster having virtually the same defects to the one Benito Medela has for sale on his site. He probably had 2 copies (lucky him!) and consigned the one in worst condition.
  • The Mexican posters are nice!  See this is why I shouldn't just browse...but hunt for the specific!
  • "Browsing" has been the ruin of many of a poor poster collector!

• Well did any of you daybill-o-files win anything????
  • Just one.