Skip to content

Crystal Ball

Tell us what you think is going to be the next big thing. Which old or new poster is going to jump in price in 5 to 10 years. And why.

My pick is Christine(1983). It's a horror. Great film and poster. I've noticed that ebay auction prices are usually higher than EMP which is rare for a good paper.

Comments

• Good choice Matt. I would have to agree. I am thinking that the BTTF posters will continue to climb in price in 5-10 years. I would also have to say the Friday the 13th posters. I have seen an increase in price on these in just the last year.
  • Randy, you are spot on with your predictions. Every time I go down to my local poster store, Greg the owner asks me, "have you got any BTTF posters, I'm running out", "these are my last three one sheets", "I've got two spare daybills of BTTF II left".....pfft I say cause I don't collect that stuff, "any Batman gear?" "No" 

It's getting hard to keep up with what is getting popular now....for me at least.
  • 5 - 10 I'm seeing stuff like Tarantino films, Star Wars prequels, LOTR & Harry Potter coming on.
    '80s stuff could begin to die off just like the '70s stuff has. 
    Horror and sci-fi will remain strong with the dedicated.
    Even actors like Tom Cruise could come into their own. He may not be Clint Eastwood to you or me, but people growing up in '90s etc have a different view.
  • I think some of the Tarantino stuff will go up but I have seen a drop in price on some of the posters for his films. I would agree about Harry Potter. The kids these days will grow up and want a theatrical poster from the film and then they will get the collecting bug. Oh hell more people in this hobby to compete against :D
  • Stargate posters...
  • edited April 2014
    Charlie said:
    Stargate posters...

:)) I don't know about that Charlie. I know they have been slowly creeping up in price but I don't see them fetching big amounts of cash in 5-10 years.
  • I was just playing...  I am probably the reason they went up.  Now that I have them all they will be again worthless.
  • edited April 2014
    It's the 30 year rule.

Movies people saw in their formative years, the early teens etc will be posters they want to collect to remember their youth by when they hit their 40s and they have disposable income. Posters for movie from the 80s (and now to a certain degree the 90s) that have stood the test of time are more and more in demand, hence price being driven up.
  • Mark said:
    Even actors like Tom Cruise could come into their own. He may not be Clint Eastwood to you or me, but people growing up in '90s etc have a different view.
  • Charlie said:
    Stargate posters...

:))
  • I wish I hadn't sold all my spare BTTFs...especially the last lot which I didn't get paid for!
  • Rick said:
    I wish I hadn't sold all my spare BTTFs...especially the last lot which I didn't get paid for!

OUCH
  • I am going to guess Mad Max...  If Fury Road takes there will be two more movies...  The original and Road Warrior will increase dramatically as new people find the old films...
  • What about old comedy posters... Adam Sandler and Chris Farley.
  • David said:

It's the 30 year rule

Mister 30 year rule man. I was asking for opinions not rules. Stick your neck out or shut up.:D
  • (*)
  • hehe thanks....starfish man?
  • WTF happened to the smileys?
  • Charlie said:

WTF happened to the smileys?

Haha... but just think how much you gained

• I am going to guess Grace Kelly posters will go up for a year or so... Looks like the new film is catching some buzz.
  • Ahh, you could be right