Skip to content

The movie that everyone raves about...

but you just can't stand!  You know..."oh it's a masterpiece, it's wonderful, the best movie ever!" but you think otherwise.

For me, Gone With The Wind...I've tried, believe me I've tried, several times...I just can't do it!  Hate it, and there is not much I hate.  On an intellectual level I get it, I get all the hype, but ARGH!

She drives me nuts!  Can't STAND her!  Scarlett, not Vivien Leigh as I think she is sublime in Streetcar...

You?

Comments

• Titanic.

The ship took 2hrs and 40minutes to sink, the movie takes 50 minutes longer.

• David said:
    Titanic.

The ship took 2hrs and 40minutes to sink, the movie takes 50 minutes longer.

Oh Lawd!  I had almost forgotten the torture that was Titanic!  Tricked into going to the movies by my girlfriend and subjected to something SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long...never get those 3 hours back!
  • Remembering Titanic makes me wanna puke, yeah.
    And did I ever mention how much I hate "Ferris Bueller's day off"? Both the film and the posters suck big time. I fucking hate Broderick. And no Hughes film does it for me...
  • I didn't like "Drive".
  • edited February 2016
     110x75 said:
    I didn't like "Drive".

:s
  •  110x75 said:
    I didn't like "Drive".

:s

And I will add:

heartbreak

• Yep, sorry. Couldn't find anything beyond a great photography...
    I did like "Only god forgives" though.
  • Nah just joking, I did enjoy it but I can see why many don't...I myself hated all the slow motion crap...move along already...

Re Only God Forgives - that is good to hear...I am halfway through...the munchkin woke up and I haven't been able to get back to it yet!

• Funny... Anytime Titanic is on I end up watching the whole thing.  I figure I am finally secure enough to know I am a hopeless romantic...  I like the Notebook and The Longest Ride too...

Can not really think of one I can't stand.  Mostly those stupid for stupid sake movies like Zoolander...
  • Oh and those Fast Furious movies...
  • I had never seen Gone With the Wind, and in the 1980s, it was shown in New York City in a great theater in a fully restored version.

I went with my brother, and we both found it very tedious.

And we both really wanted to like it!

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• Bruce said:
    I had never seen Gone With the Wind, and in the 1980s, it was shown in New York City in a great theater in a fully restored version.

I went with my brother, and we both found it very tedious.

And we both really wanted to like it!

Tedious...perfect word to describe it!
  • Easy Rider, 1969! 

Saw it once & thought, "really, that's it? That's what all the fuss is about?!" I know it's a time-period piece but it didn't seem to go anywhere or accomplish anything...

anyway...that's my 4 cents...doubling up I case I get another refund!  =).      ;)
  • With you on that Mark. Was struggling to think of one but you have nailed it with my thoughts
  • For me one of them was Clockwork Orange. It's just so violent and my idea of entertainment is not to watch senior citizens beat up. Just can't figure out the draw of the film.
  • Maybe you needed you have been dragged up in a working class environment in the North of England....  ??

No, it's a great film, but I can see not to everyones taste, Yvonne don't like it either... 
  • I don't mind Titanic either..

• It's 2001 a Space odyssey for me, I've watched it once, didn't hate it, but I feel no urge to watch it again, hence I don't really have any paper on it..   
  • Paul said:
    It's 2001 a Space odyssey for me, I've watched it once, didn't hate it, but I feel no urge to watch it again, hence I don't really have any paper on it..   
    I've tried...it's boring as a plank.
  • David said:
    Paul said:
    It's 2001 a Space odyssey for me, I've watched it once, didn't hate it, but I feel no urge to watch it again, hence I don't really have any paper on it..   
    I literally fell asleep for a long chunk of it at a Cinerama theater in 1968. I watched it again since thought the Ape opening and the HAL scene were great, but the rest was tough to get through.

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• Bruce said:
    David said:
    Paul said:
    I literally fell asleep for a long chunk of it at a Cinerama theater in 1968. I watched it again since thought the Ape opening and the HAL scene were great, but the rest was tough to get through.
    Pretty much the same, did the whole Ape|Hammer scene...then dozed in and out with floating Monotliths and then Reginald Perrin turned up...
  • Which reminds me, two recent ones that for me defy their 'raveness'

The Birdman
    Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
  • I quite liked Birdman, wouldn't go over the top on it, but t was worth a watch..

• David said:
    Bruce said:
    David said:
    Paul said:
    Pretty much the same, did the whole Ape|Hammer scene...then dozed in and out with floating Monotliths and then Reginald Perrin turned up...
    That pretty much sums it up David..

• I saw Clockwork Orange once years ago when I was in high school. Thought it was weird, interesting, haven't been compelled to see it again. 

Used to feel bad i hadn't seen 2001 Space....till I read reviews...don't think I'll put it on the watch list anytime soon...
  • I watch 2001 every couple of years.  I love the cinematography combined with the score...  I use to have Hal in my computer screen and even installed sound clips for stuff.  
  • There is a monolith looking thing on the road next to my daughter's school.  I keep meaning to take a picture, it's so out of place...
  • Or is it right where it is supposed to be....hmmmm?
  • We need pics Charlie...