Skip to content

HA's Live On Sunday - Agree or Disagree? Will you protest?

Just wanted to make an observation about HA opening up their standard Sunday auctions to also be live auctions which is pure and simply about the (increased) income they can generate (and don't get me wrong I am fine with capitalism).

However, as a bidder I intended to protest my displeasure at this policy by not participating in these live auctions.

I will place my bid as always and see what happens. 

Comments

• Nope.  I haven't bought anything from HA since Berwick.  No impact on me.
  • Never bought from them on their auction. The only thing I did purchase from Heritage was off of their ebay.
  • I've bought several posters from HA but haven't in the last 6 months-can't bring myself to pay that extra 20%. But don't mind the live bidding-I got sniped on a cool Bob Steele Western a while ago. Been digging through ebay lately. image
  • It's 15%.
  • On HA? Is 15% for their Signature Auctions? Cause I was just rounding up 19.5%. I know it's at least $14 till it reaches a certain price point.
  • Oh, actually I don't know about their Signature Auctions I thought it was 15% - is it 19.5%?

I must admit I haven't bought from them in a while.
  • Yeah, I just double-checked my tracked lots, and it's 19.5%. But I can't bring myself to throw that money away if I don't have too, but i still look to see what they have each week...and after seeing Charlie's quads, I've been looking on eBay as my time allows and have started to learn how to search better. My other grip with HA is seeing a Back to the Future listed as rolled, and in the close-up image clearly swing fold lines! Do they care?
  • 19.5% well bugger me...

Personally I don't care about the BP, if I want it and the price is within budget, then I pay - most normal bricks and mortar auctions have a BP, HA is also a B&M auction house so I am not sure why poster collectors feel they are so different.

I don't know the listing of which you speak but if it says one thing and it is another then lodge a complaint - I am sure they do care enough to fix it. That said sometimes their descriptions can be ummm, 'less than revealing' - I know, I have been burnt i.e when a poster arrived not incorrectly described but lacking full disclosure - they failed to describe the volume of tape on 'verso' and the condition of same ( a pic in this case would have been nice)..
  • Agreed-I understand a BP for a bricks & mortar op, but 19.5% usually starts to cut into my purchase after a couple of Benjamin's. As for the incorrect listing, I have emailed before-lastly about a printer's proof which had the color test on the right side of the poster(I thought they were usually always on the left side) and got no email response.
  • I've given up buying from Heritage a long time ago.
  • The trick is to ignore the BP and decide if the final price you pay is worth it, that is the only rule that matters.
  • Agree with David. BP to me is a flipping pain. But still worth paying if i can't find it anywhere else. On live bidding. It is a nuisance. Hence i only bid live if i want it enough and have spare funds to enter into a bidding war with someone. So far I had to do it once. I was the winner. Of course. Hehe
  • Agree with the above regarding looking at the final price including bp. Shipping is expensive compared with others. Still check every week, if I wanted the item badly enough then I would bid.
  • I can't afford anything from HA, so I don't care. =)
  • David said:
     (and don't get me wrong I am fine with capitalism).

You bastard!

• Communism, a safer bet than the USA with Trump as President.
  • David said:
    Communism, a safer bet than the USA with Trump as President.
    Or safer than Argentina with its current president...

• edited March 2016
    Meanwhile over at HA:

I've tried to like this but Marilyn looks more like she knows she is about to remove my innards with a rusty spoon than make love to me.

• I'd prob still take the risk, if I wasn't married
  •  =)