Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Daybills Printed With Full Credits But Large Blank Section At Bottom

HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

Pavlova is the edited down theatrical version from the 5 part TV miniseries titled Anna Pavlova ( 1983 ) released in Australia by Filmways.

I have noticed a few other examples over the years of similar printed daybill posters with the large blank section on the bottom of the poster. Off hand I don't remember the titles of the others though. Any ideas to why this happened?

Lawrence

Comments

• JohnJohn Member, Dealer Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭ Three-Sheeter
    Teen Wolf is another one.
    John

• HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

Thanks John. As in the case with Pavlova, Teen Wolf was also released by Filmways in Australia. I'm sure the other examples I vaguely remember the titles of were released by Filmways as well.

It appears the blank section at the bottom of the daybill poster was set aside to have colour scene images printed in this area and with the case of Teen Wolf there is a poster with the 4 colour images in the bottom boxed area and there is also a daybill that is just completely blank in the boxed area. One wonders why some posters appear with the colour scene cards printed yet other posters were just left blank?

My theory is the complete daybills were printed for Australia and the daybills with the blank section on the bottom were printed for New Zealand. My reasoning for thinking this is the Pavlova daybill comes from New Zealand and in the case of the 9 Teen Wolf daybills that Bruce has in his Auction History section 7 are of the complete image with Australia censorship only on them and the other two with blank sections have the N.Z. G Y censorship snipes attached to them.

Lawrence