Skip to content

Are you currently a 'No Buy' Collector? Consider this your AA, Introduce Yourself...

edited May 2014 in Everything Else!
My name is David and I am on a No Buy.

:\

Comments

• Yeah, me too. But I fall off the wagon every couple of weeks...
  • So how are you building the collection? Trades? Theft? Self-made reproductions?

Immaculate poster conception?
  • Hi my name is Charlie...  I'm trying to pay for a Disney trip in July.  I am working towards an entire month without a purchase. I've lied about accomplishing this before.

This would be a first for me in probably at least 10 years.

Don't let me go down like this... 
  • edited April 2016
    Welcome Charlie.

Disneyland, very cool, let me help you! I want to remind you of fun! You can have it all when you don't spend money.
  • You know... Ever since I got the shit beat out of me on the Black Swan B1, I haven't had the courage to bid on anything from EMP.  Plus I have everything except that War of the Worlds OS - which isn't in the cards right now...

Come on find me something good...

•    David said:
    Welcome Charlie.

Disneyland, very cool, let me help you! I want to remind you of fun! You can have it all when you don't spend money.
    Not exactly the three steps to recovery...:wink:
  •    David said:
    Welcome Charlie.

David "The Enabler"...  
  •    David said:
    Welcome Charlie.

=) 
  • Where's Sven when you need him?

He has an uncanny ability to turn up some great finds from all over the world. Not that you would be tempted Charlie...
  • Dont worry always on the look out for you all...Charlie...." i will break you"  =) in a nice way
  • Charlie said:
    Hi my name is Charlie...  I'm trying to pay for a Disney trip in July.  I am working towards an entire month without a purchase. I've lied about accomplishing this before.

This would be a first for me in probably at least 10 years.

Don't let me go down like this... 
    I'll help you cope with the withdrawal syndrome. I'm buying stuff and sending it to you, so you can pretend they are your purchases (remember, you can PRETEND they're yours)

You are welcome.
  • We can start with this spanish one sheet for an unknown film called "The sultan's slave"

Can I post pics here or is it like popping a bottle in an AA meeting?
  • Indian poster for Always, last movie Audrey appeared in...

• 110x75 said:
    We can start with this spanish one sheet for an unknown film called "The sultan's slave"

Can I post pics here or is it like popping a bottle in an AA meeting?
     =) 
  • edited April 2016
    Although, it's really annoying to get a package thinking "oooh did I forget that I bought something???.... Shit.  It just Matias'..." ;)
  • Well, you will be get annoyed in the near future...  :)
  • That is an awesome piece!

I already have a popcorn machine - trust me you use it once a year and it gets in the way.  I put it back in the box. lol  
  • I never go on a NO buy as such, but I haven't bought much at all in the last 6 months or more. I just tend to ease up for a while, which is always good to do, proves I'm no addict....(yea right.)

I've been offered some scarce Panto posters, which I'm going to pick up this weekend. first purchase in a while... 
  • waht the hell are Panto posters?
  • Pantographs

Pantaloons

Pantalons

Pantomines

Choose the one you like and run with it.  ;)
  • Posters with women SO sexy they make you pant "Oooooo..."?

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

•  =)

Sounds like Paul's collection to a 't' 
  • You guys know me only too well.... ;)
  • I'll take Bruce's answer... :)
  • I made it!!!! An entire month...
  • Really?
    Honestly?
  • Yes!  I actually pulled it off.  I was so proud I went out and bought a poster today just to celebrate.