Skip to content

Party Time - World's #1 Forum

993,590 page views since we opened...ONE MILLION will be passed this month.

How shall we celebrate?

Comments

• I vote you guys give each of us a poster gift.
    Me first...Matt, I'll have the frame and spot ready for that Roman Holiday :)
  • I'm just trying to get to 2,000 post quickly so I can get my BAT one-sheet!

• Wadaminit Paleface, no one said it 2,000 points gets you a BAT 1SH....read again  ;)
  • Paleface...hahaha...I can't even find your post? What thread was it in?
  • http://vintagemoviepostersforum.com/discussion/1738/the-return-of-scarface-movie-poster-identification-details
    David said:
    Mexican Lobby Card is the lowest ranking a member can get on this forum - it is allocated automatically

The rankings are:

Level       Name
    Criteria

Mexican Lobby Card

1 post
    One-Sheeter

• 5 points
    • 50 posts

Daybiller

• 20 points
    • 500 posts

Three-Sheeter

• 50 points
    • 1000 posts

Elite Collector

• 200 points
    • 2500 posts

The rankings serve no purpose other than when you get a certain number of points you can trade them for an original Breakfast at Tiffany's One Sheet Movie Poster.

•  David said:

"...a certain number of points..." ahhh yes...then points I shall accumulate! :sunglasses:

• Exactly, and as it is Charlie's BAT we are giving away, he is in charge of deciding how many points.
  • I vote you guys give each of us a poster gift.
    Me first...Matt, I'll have the frame and spot ready for that Roman Holiday :)

• edited July 2016
    David said:
    Exactly, and as it is Charlie's BAT we are giving away, he is in charge of deciding how many points.
    Fuckers...  I figure we might know the point total in about 50+ years and then you will have to retrieve it from my casket bitches.
  • She's going with ya, eh Charlie? Good call!  ;)
  • edited July 2016
    Charlie said:
    David said:
    Exactly, and as it is Charlie's BAT we are giving away, he is in charge of deciding how many points.
    #$*^%*!...  I figure we might know the point total in about 50+ years and then you will have to retrieve it from my casket bitches.
    That's about the number I was thinking, at least you have a target to aim for now Mark =)

• There were no losers, thanks to the opposition, it was a game of two halfs...

Popular DiscussionsCommentsFollowsViews
    Peter Basch Nudes (Not for Office)6305,641
    Recent hangings...55805,581
    The Eisenhower Linenbacking Experience...48303,691
    Sophia Loren203,231
    Adult XXX (Warning, May contain nudity!)2402,781
    The Adventures of Robin Hood Australian 3 Sheet27802,341
    From the Image - Name the Movie!40601,851
    Yet Another Forum?20801,841
    The 100 Sexiest Horror Movie Actresses of All-Time1401,811
    Mark's Collection27201,781

Sophia wins on strike rate!

Active UsersComments
    David6,912
    HONDO4,393
    Charlie4,269
    Matt3,657
    Eisenhower1,909
    Lazarus1,878
    theartofmovieposters1,762
    Sven1,270
    Paul1,197
    110x75908

Unfortunately only 12 of my posts made sense.
  • Wooowhoo my nudy thread won!!!
  • edited July 2016
    Just out of curiosity why weren't The Horror Quiz ( 3.4K ) , The Science Fiction Quiz ( 3.3K ), Actresses Legs Quiz ( 2.7 K ) and War Movies Quiz ( 2.5k ) included in the top ten ?  I know you guys aren't that keen on quizzes but really ?
  • edited July 2016
    I think it's down to discussions rather than games.. 
  • Paul said:

If that was true fair enough but the Sophia Loren thread consisted only of a total of only one comment of ''Great stuff Matt''. The argument just doesn't stand up. On the four quizzes there were heaps of comments.
  • I am about to start a vacation from participating in the  forum as at now for an undecided period of time. I need to have a rest.
  • HONDO said:
    I am about to start a vacation from participating in the  forum as at now for an undecided period of time. I need to have a rest.
    If you do that, the posting on the forum will decline 90% (at least).

Don't make a snap decision. As I just posted, I actually DID answer your "legs" quiz, but what I posted "disappeared" (assuming of course, THAT second post didn't ALSO disappear).

And of course that assumes that THIS post doesn't ALSO disappear!

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• HONDO said:
    Just out of curiosity why weren't The Horror Quiz ( 3.4K ) , The Science Fiction Quiz ( 3.3K ), Actresses Legs Quiz ( 2.7 K ) and War Movies Quiz ( 2.5k ) included in the top ten ?  I know you guys aren't that keen on quizzes but really ?
    This is a good question... Let me investigate it may have something to do with unique views etc...
  • I just copy n paste Lawrence, if it's wrong it's wrong.
  • HONDO said:
    Paul said:

If that was true fair enough but the Sophia Loren thread consisted only of a total of only one comment of ''Great stuff Matt''. The argument just doesn't stand up. On the four quizzes there were heaps of comments.
    I think "who gives a shit?"  If you are having fun, why does it matter?  I didn't get a medal for my nudity thread but it was a winner regardless....

Why does it matter?

Why does it matter?

Why does it matter?

• HONDO said:
    Paul said:

There is no argument, it is what it is.

It is likely, as Charlie suggested, to be unique views which is how we got to 1million+ views, (not by hitting refresh and not by counting search engine).

And as Paul said, no one really counts (or should), it's the interaction that matters.
  • edited July 2016
    The Official I Don't Care About These Official Stats

Page Views: 1,005,580

1,551 Discussions

35,962 Comments

827 Human Signed Up Members (no bots please)

484 Banned members, spammers that Matt showed the door.

4 Advertisers John Reid of Moviemem, Rich Halegua of MovePosterBid, Charlie Stevens of Movie Poster Works, and David Rew of Vintage Movie Posters who have supported us from almost the beginning and without whom this would have been possible but their support made it a little easier - so bloody support them back!

1 deleted member @CSM_2_Point_0 whose come back was almost as good as Lazarus' and marginally better that the other fella.

1 stalker Jeff Potokar aka @papergatherer who we've kept on as a pet but is not allowed inside to play with the grown ups.

3 Admin who were eating pizza together one day and this forum was the free gift that came with the beers.

• 1 deleted member - so prestigious