Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Horror Films Not Released Theatrically In Australia For Reasons Unknown

HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector

Two Horror films that were not theatrically released in Australia as far as I can see are two films produced by Gold Star and Seven Arts. The films are The Frozen Dead ( 1966 ) and It! ( 1967 ). There are two possibilities presenting themselves here as to why they weren't released. The first possibility is they were banned on Horror grounds and as I have no records of Australian banned films from around this period I really don't know. The second possibility is before Warner Bros. - Seven Arts was formed in 1967 Seven Arts released a few titles under the Seven Arts name and not through a major distributor as they normly did. The two images have A Seven Arts Pictures Release printed on them and when the merger took place these two independently made titles were not acquired for release in Australia.

Lawrence

Comments

• BruceBruce Member, Captain Movie Poster Posts: 863 ✭✭✭ Daybiller
    Is it possible they were not released simply because they were both crappy movies that few if any people wanted to see?
    We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 3,000 auctions a week, 138,000 a year.
    See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
  • HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    Bruce said:
    Is it possible they were not released simply because they were both crappy movies that few if any people wanted to see?

We will make this possibility number three although that didn't stop worse films than these two from being released in Australia.
    Lawrence
  • HONDOHONDO Member, Wizard of Aus Posters Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭✭✭ Elite Collector
    The Sorcerers ( 1967 ) is another film never released theatrically in Australia. The reason is either it was banned ( no record found ) or the film being an independent production originally from Tigon Film Distributors in the U.K. wasn't picked up for release here. The image below is from the Allied Artists U.S. release.
    Lawrence
  • posteraddictposteraddict Member Posts: 6 ✭ Mexican Lobby Carder
    All these films were real wet farts. I just don't think there was much potential to make money on these. I'm here to tell you that you missed nothing.