Skip to content

Badges, We Don't Need No Stinkin' Badges

edited July 2016 in Welcome

or do you? We give 'em, you get 'em, give them back anytime.

Here's a list of them (I didn't know we had so many)

Comments

• Name Description Level Given
    50 Comments So, looks like like you're warming to the place. Stick around it gets easier   15
    Canada Eh? Meanwhile in Canada...the Canada badge is awarded. That's a bit special eh?   6
    Facebook Connector Let's get social! 1 8
    Foundation Member Joined up in the first few weeks when this all started, we're not quite sure why they've stayed around, probably because we promised them pizza...   32
    Kiwi-Kollector Hailing from the Aotearoa (The Land of the Long White Cloud) this member has been awarded the sacred Kiwi Kollector badge...   3
    Name Dropper Mentioning someone in a discussion (like this: @Name) is a great way to encourage dialog and let them know who you’re talking to.   10
    Photogenic Little things like uploading a profile picture make the community a better place. Thanks!   143
    Pizza & Beer Multi Invite Badge Because you continue to go above and beyond the call of duty, getting even MORE people to join the forum on the promise of pizza and beer. We owe you one.   3
    Pizza Badge Awarded because you invited someone to join the forum and they did(!) and then said it was your fault they joined! You probably offered them pizza and beer which is OK by us, after all that's how we got you to join.   3
    Sergeant Linenback If it moves salute it, if it doesn't - linenback it! Awarded to the collector who can claim over 50 linenbacked posters in his personal collection, we thank you.   3
    Thread Starter A great way to start conversions and get people talking   7
    Twitter Connector Let's get social! 1 5
    Up Yours Awarded because you don't take any sh*t and will stick it to 'the man' any time you want. It might be because you're old and grumpy, it might be because you aren't the fake Hollywood type but either way you're the kind of no BS person we like to have hang around these here parts.    2

Well done and Up Yours!
    Winner! “When you win, you don't examine it very much, except to congratulate yourself. You easily, and wrongly, assume it has something to do with your rare qualities as a person. But winning only measures how hard you've worked and how physically talented you are; it doesn't particularly define you beyond those characteristics.   1

Losing on the other hand, really does say something about who you are. Among other things it measures are: do you blame others, or do you own the loss? Do you analyze your failure, or just complain about bad luck?

If you're willing to examine failure, and to look not just at your outward physical performance, but your internal workings, too, losing can be valuable. How you behave in those moments can perhaps be more self-defining than winning could ever be. Sometimes losing shows you for who you really are.”

Lance Armstrong

So yeah based on all that it is possible you cheated and we want our goddam badge back!.
    Combo Breaker Earned badges for 5 different things in one day (now you can say it was 6!).   1
    You're A Loser! We won't beat around the bush, you didn't win, someone else was better than you, waaaay better, the best in fact.  0 10

But really, what does it mean to be the best? It means you have to be better than the number two guy, and what gratification is there in that? He's a loser and that’s why he's number two - and everyone knows now that is you.

It's like winning the 'Employee of the Month award, a great example of how somebody can be both a winner and a loser at the same time.

So don't consider this a loser badge, oh no, think of it as a higher honour, tell everyone you won our VMP Forum Member of the Month award.

Well done, Loser!
    5 Agrees You received 5 Agrees, we'd agree with that. 1 10
    25 Agrees You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great! 2 0
    100 Agrees You received 100 Agrees. When you're liked this much, you'll be an MVP in no time! 3 0
    250 Agrees You received 250 Agrees. Looks like you're popular around these parts. 4 0
    500 Agrees You received 500 Agrees. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. 5 0
    First Anniversary Thanks for sticking with us for a full year. 1 32
    Second Anniversary Thanks for sticking with us for 2 years. 2 19
    Third Anniversary Thanks for sticking with us for 3 years. 3 0
    Fourth Anniversary Thanks for sticking with us for 4 years. 4 0
    Fifth Anniversary Thanks for sticking with us for 5 years. 5 0
    Sixth Anniversary Thanks for sticking with us for 6 years. 6 0
    Seventh Anniversary Thanks for sticking with us for 7 years. 7 0
    Eighth Anniversary Thanks for sticking with us for 8 years. 8 0
    Ninth Anniversary Thanks for sticking with us for 9 years. 9 0
    Tenth Anniversary Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years. 10 0
    Ancient Membership Nobody remembers a time when this person wasn’t a member here. 11 0
    First Answer Answering questions is a great way to show your support for a community! 1 6
    5 Answers Your willingness to share knowledge has definitely been noticed. 2 0
    25 Answers Looks like you’re starting to make a name for yourself as someone who knows the score! 3 0
    50 Answers Why use Google when we could just ask you? 4 0
    100 Answers Admit it, you read Wikipedia in your spare time. 5 0
    250 Answers Is there *anything* you don’t know? 6 0
    5 Awesomes You received 5 Awesomes, your awesomeness is to be admired! 1 8
    25 Awesomes You received 25 Awesomes. You're posting some good content. Great! 2 1
    100 Awesomes You received 100 Awesomes. When you're liked this much, you'll be an MVP in no time! 3 0
    250 Awesomes You received 250 Awesomes. Looks like you're popular around these parts. 4 0
    500 Awesomes You received 500 Awesomes. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. 5 0
    First Comment Commenting is the best way to get involved. Jump in the fray! 1 149
    10 Comments No longer a one-hit wonder! It looks like you’re going places. 2 53
    100 Comments Getting this far requires gumption, something you have in spades. 3 27
    500 Comments Settled in, saw the sights, learned the territory, and most importantly: gave back. 4 13
    1000 Comments You’re practically family. 5 9
    2500 Comments Another day, another comment, another badge. 6 4
    5000 Comments Eat, sleep, comment. We like your style. 7 1
    10000 Comments You are a comment-making machine. 8 0
    25000 Comments Who’s house? Your house. 9 0
    50000 Comments Some people are beginning to wonder if you’re the owner. 10 0
    5 Insightfuls You received 5 Insightfuls. We like that. 1 5
    25 Insightfuls You received 25 Insightfuls. You're posting some good content. Great! 2 0
    100 Insightfuls You received 100 Insightfuls. When you're liked this much, you'll be an MVP in no time! 3 0
    250 Insightfuls You received 250 Insightfuls. Looks like you're popular around these parts. 4 0
    500 Insightfuls You received 500 Insightfuls. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. 5 0
    5 Likes You received 5 Likes. We like that. 1 21
    25 Likes You received 25 Likes. You're posting some good content. Great! 2 8
    100 Likes You received 100 Likes. When you're liked this much, you'll be an MVP in no time! 3 1
    250 Likes You received 250 Likes. Looks like you're popular around these parts. 4 0
    500 Likes You received 500 Likes. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. 5 0
    5 LOLs You received 5 LOLs, we lol'd when we heard. lol! 1 10
    25 LOLs You received 25 LOLs. You're posting some good content. Great! 2 2
    100 LOLs You received 100 LOLs. When you're liked this much, you'll be an MVP in no time! 3 0
    250 LOLs You received 250 LOLs. Looks like you're popular around these parts. 4 0
    500 LOLs You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. 5 0
    5 Up Votes You received 5 Up Votes, seems like people like what you have to say. 1 2
    25 Up Votes You received 25 Up Votes. You're posting some good content. Great! 2 0
    100 Up Votes You received 100 Up Votes. When you're liked this much, you'll be an MVP in no time! 3 0
    250 Up Votes You received 250 Up Votes. Looks like you're popular around these parts. 4 0
    500 Up Votes You received 500 Up Votes. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. 5 0
  • edited July 2016
     B) 
  • Badges eh, nice! But...no "problem solver" badge?  =)
  • It's called the "Can o' Matt" badge...
  • That works! :rock_on:
  • Where's the Resurrection badge?  Surely something so divine would be worth a pin and some canvas
  • Where's the Resurrection badge?  Surely something so divine would be worth a pin and some canvas

Yes, we (admin) were thinking about creating something just for you and nailing it to your chest, feet, head, legs, arms...we've been out the back practicing.

• Sweet...I need some voodoo in all those areas
  • You got ya Canada Badge...be thankful. :p
  • Matt said:
    You got ya Canada Badge...be thankful. :p
    It USED to be worth a lot more...damn international free trade policies
  • I'm feeling lucky. I've got my lol badge...lol   not sure if this because I lol a lot here or loled 

=) 

Ps. Yes. I like simple things :)
  • As I'm sure you've all noticed, I'm approaching 2,500 posts and catching up to Lawrence any day now!... :D looking forward to my 2,500 badge and a celebratory bowl of cereal!...
  • We have no shame when it comes to who we give badges too....just so you know, every badge sent out is celebrated with a drinking game by admin, we had a quiz drinking game but Matt complain his liver was getting pickled.
  • As I'm sure you've all noticed, I'm approaching 2,500 posts and catching up to Lawrence any day now!... :D looking forward to my 2,500 badge and a celebratory bowl of cereal!...
    Hear hear! And make it two ( bowls of cereal)
    heehee
  • Mirosae said:
    As I'm sure you've all noticed, I'm approaching 2,500 posts and catching up to Lawrence any day now!... :D looking forward to my 2,500 badge and a celebratory bowl of cereal!...
    Hear hear! And make it two ( bowls of cereal)
    heehee
    Oh no, not Super Colon Blow  :o

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/colon-blow/n9822?snl=1
  • Lolololololo