Skip to content

I just watched this...

2»

Comments

• The Heroes of Telemark (1965) 6.5/10

A little bit drawn out in the end but overall not a bad flick.
  • Bad News Bears... A much better film now that I have coached...
  • Just watched Legend of Hercules and Devil's Due. I personally liked Legend of Hercules. Still debating about Devil's Due.
  • I watched the Buddy Holly Story with none other than Gary Busey... And it was actually enjoyable!
  • Last good thing he did...
  • I have to say that I watch three new films: 12 Years a Slave, Rush, and Dallas Buyers Club... Hands down Dallas Buyers Club was the better film. Had better acting. It should have won Best Picture. Both of the Best Actor and Supporting Actor awards were spot on. Worth a viewing! I was worried they were going to make another redundant statement piece about homosexuality. It was quite nice to see the relationship build between the two characters and it not be some lesson forced down the viewers throat. It was real and practical.
  • Dallas Buyers Club was a good movie. So was 12 Years a Slave.
  • Senna...  I thoroughly enjoyed it until the end.  Nothing like watching a documentary that you don't know anything about.  Apparently a big deal, I was too busy watching the Dallas Cowboys and Houston Rockets win championships...
  • edited June 2014
    Senna, great doco/film. Now try getting an original poster at a good price. Damn hard.
  • Watched Lone Survivor last night. Great flick. Recommend it.
  • David said:
    Senna, great doco/film. Now try getting an original poster at a good price. Damn hard.
    I just picked up a DS quad for 10 pounds! Woo Whoo!   :-bd

Of course it's going to cost me 20 to get it to me...
  • of course...
  • The new Robocop thumbs down on this one. However it does have potential for a part 2.
  • lol!
  • Last night I watched an ESPN 30 for 30 on the Hillsborough Football Crush tragedy...  I guess since I am not a football/soccer fan, I had no idea this happened but upon more investigation there are close to 10 of these crushing incidents...  It's so sad...  Is crowd control just not important in some of these countries?  Is it because the stadiums are outdated and not built for the capacities?  It's just disturbing to think that masses of people got killed trying to watch a soccer match.

http://espn.go.com/30for30/film?page=hillsborough
  • Finally took on Humanoids from the Deep... I laughed a lot... It was fun!
  • Fury...

Damn fine war movie!  I'll have to let the dust settle but it might squeak into my top 10 list of WWII films/series.
  • Been thinking about watching it...might just do that now
  • Have never seen entire movie, The Great Dictator, but just watched this final scene by Chaplin. Amazing! Powerful speech. I'm not too familiar with his body of work, but his talent demonstrated here is timeless...
  • Watched Fury, very good movie indeed.
  • edited June 2015
    Took on Jupiter Rising - wasn't long enough to make it substantial. Could have been two movies easy. Some of the characters were just thrown in. I kept thinking there was a book I needed to read to fill in the gaps. and Fifty Shades of Grey - I think you can tell if you are a romantic by the way you react to the ending. The rest was pretty fascinating ;) I also watched one of my all time favs Leviathan... There hasn't been a good underwater horror movie in a long time. I also got to thinking that underwater horror is one subgenre of horror that I love. Deep Star Six is another... I need to make a good list...
  • Tomorrowland

Love Britt Robertson...  Always a new girl.

Watched An American in Paris - Leslie Caron is lovely...