Skip to content

The Unafraid ( Kiss The Blood Of My Hands ) ( 1948 )

The Unafraid ( aka Kiss The Blood Off My Hands ) ( 1948 ). Interestingly both the above daybill and one sheet were printed by W.E.Smith, yet we have two different censorship ratings applied on the posters. Checking newspaper advertisements from 1949, which appears to be the year of the Australian release, it shows a mixture of Suitable Only For Adults and Not Suitable For Children ratings applied. Another mystery from our poster printing history.

Comments

• What I find interesting is that the U-I publicity department made a point of noting it was adapted from the "Kiss the Blood Off My Hands" novel on the posters but still could not retain the original title of the film itself!
  •  Both U.S. one sheets. The film premiered in the U.S.A.under the '' The Unafraid'' title but eventually reverted back to the book's original title ''Kiss The Blood Off My Hands''. Burt Lancaster had wanted to retain the novel's title in order to capitalize on its success, so it appears he got his way in the end, in America at least.  U.S. paper with ''The Unafraid'' title appear to be rare. Another interesting observation is Robert Newton received an above the film's title credit in Australia, elevated from the and co-starring below the title American credit.
  • Interesting Lawrence.  I had not realized 'The Unafraid' was used in the US too...