Skip to content

Fast Flip Falcon

This is an interesting one, I am sure it happens quite a bit but this was one poster I had some interest in until I had a closer look and decided condition was king and I didn't bother. It was on linen, it had been "restored" and was rated as Very Good+ - I think the "plus" was a bit over the top...

It sold on July 20 2014 for $388.38 (at the Signature Auction)
It sold again on Sept 14 2014 for $567.63

I don't think it ever left the 'store' because the exact same image was used. I guess we could hypothesize as to why it was turned around and sold again, I might have said the buyer didn't pay for it - but then that doesn't see right as one's credit card is held on file, so no such thing as a bad debt there, right?

Of course it could be a fast flip - but why bother for about $40, seems a bit risky.

The poster itself was in OK condition, too worn for my liking for a poster that had been 'restored'

Comments

• In Texas you can bid on your own item...  Probably bid on it when they didn't what they wanted and then had them relist it.  We are talking HA?
  • Yes HA. And really? You have the death penalty AND you can bid on your own item?
  • Yep, you can even bid on stuff after they hang you...
  • This crap happens all the time at HA
  • Just stumbled do upon this thread...ever get this one sheet, David? Very poor restoration, cross folds look bad...understand you passing. 
  • Yes I have one of those, in excellent condition too - not all posters come from HA (or EMP) ;)  - paid a whole lot less too.

Sven mentioned (to me) a Falcon on HA right now, but one thing I've learned about HA (the hard way) is their condition reports are shall we say, enthusiastic, when they say tape on verso they mean it's completely wrecked, so it will be interesting to see where the bidding stops.

• Wouldn't it be incredible if EVERY auction included an image of the BACK of each item?

I started doing it with ALL single stills, and then added ALL single lobby cards, the ONLY auction that does this.

My goal is to get where I show the back of all other sizes, but before I get there I need to stop auctioning so many "price challenged" items (ones that have not found their audience yet).

Here is a handy checklist to help tell eMoviePoster.com apart from all other major auctions!
    HAS lifetime guarantees on every item - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS unrestored and unenhanced images - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS 100% honest condition descriptions - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS auctions where the winner is the higher of two real bidders - IS eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "buyers premiums" - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "reserves or starts over $1 - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS hidden bidder IDs - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS no customer service to speak of - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS "nosebleed" shipping charges - NOT eMoviePoster.com
    HAS inadequate packaging - NOT eMoviePoster.com

• Bruce-I just recently read that you all scan the Lobbies. I agree, photoing  the back side of one sheets would be great! Especially on the ones that need it.

I purchased the sticker challenged Seven Brides and would have loved to see the backside before bidding, BUT!  It was described perfectly, so it was no surprise to me. It was a great price, but a restoration challenge to me. Which is why I bought it.